Virgin America, the newest start-up airline in these United States, has inked a deal with Sundance Channel to create a customer in-flight channel for it's passengers.
The new channel, Sundance Channel for Virgin America (catchy, ain't it?) will feature a collection of the cable network's feature films and documentaries as well as original programming such as Iconoclasts and Kath and Kim. In addition, Sunny Virgin (which I think is a much better name for the in-flight network) will air original episodes of the new documentary series Nimrod Nation three weeks before they air on the cable network. Nation, which will focus on the town of Watersmeet, Michigan and their obsession with their high school basketball team (the Nimrods) will air on the in-flight channel on November 1st, while it will air on the Sundance Channel on November 26th.
Delta Air Lines and HBO have struck a deal to provide the pay network's programming on the airline's longer flights. The programming, which includes movies as well as episodes of HBO series like The Sopranos and Deadwood, will be an on-demand feature that will become available on flights of over four hours. Of course, the plane will need to be equipped with Delta's new in-flight entertainment system before being able to offer the programming to passengers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- More From BuddyTV
- Baby Daddy Season Finale Sneak Peek: A Reba Reunion Goes Horribly Wrong
- Hollywood Game Night Sneak Peek: Art Imitates... Yvette Nicole Brown?
- Castle Season 8: [Spoiler] Will Return in a 'Surprising' Way
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- More From TVLine
- Mark Consuelos Reacts to Justin Bieber's Big Crush on His Wife Kelly Ripa
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Burial: Family, Friends and Fans Gather to Say Goodbye to Whitney Houston's Daughter
- Eminem Says He Replaced Pill Addiction With Working Out After Ballooning to 230 Pounds
- Demi Lovato Admits She Was Once 'Super Jealous' of Miley Cyrus
- Bella Hadid, 18, and Yolanda Foster, 51, Sport Matching Plunging Red Swimsuits
- More From ET