Virgin America, the newest start-up airline in these United States, has inked a deal with Sundance Channel to create a customer in-flight channel for it's passengers.
The new channel, Sundance Channel for Virgin America (catchy, ain't it?) will feature a collection of the cable network's feature films and documentaries as well as original programming such as Iconoclasts and Kath and Kim. In addition, Sunny Virgin (which I think is a much better name for the in-flight network) will air original episodes of the new documentary series Nimrod Nation three weeks before they air on the cable network. Nation, which will focus on the town of Watersmeet, Michigan and their obsession with their high school basketball team (the Nimrods) will air on the in-flight channel on November 1st, while it will air on the Sundance Channel on November 26th.
Delta Air Lines and HBO have struck a deal to provide the pay network's programming on the airline's longer flights. The programming, which includes movies as well as episodes of HBO series like The Sopranos and Deadwood, will be an on-demand feature that will become available on flights of over four hours. Of course, the plane will need to be equipped with Delta's new in-flight entertainment system before being able to offer the programming to passengers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Latin Night and the Second Elimination
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- More From BuddyTV
- Dancing With the Stars Week 3 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: TKO and Sympathy
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- Flash Boss, Mark Hamill Preview the Trickster's Return, Rogues' Alliance
- Nashville Photos: 'Deyna' in Despair, Juliette's Baby Shower of Fury
- More From TVLine
- Shawn Mendes on His 'Crazy' Fans, Debut Album and Celebrity Crush
- Saying Goodbye to 'Hot in Cleveland': The Ladies Reveal Who's Naughtiest On Set
- ET Surprises Reba McEntire for Her 60th Birthday
- Jay Z Debuts New Music Streaming Service Tidal in Most Awkward Press Conference Ever
- Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton Kiss, Show Support for Little Big Town
- More From ET