Virgin America, the newest start-up airline in these United States, has inked a deal with Sundance Channel to create a customer in-flight channel for it's passengers.
The new channel, Sundance Channel for Virgin America (catchy, ain't it?) will feature a collection of the cable network's feature films and documentaries as well as original programming such as Iconoclasts and Kath and Kim. In addition, Sunny Virgin (which I think is a much better name for the in-flight network) will air original episodes of the new documentary series Nimrod Nation three weeks before they air on the cable network. Nation, which will focus on the town of Watersmeet, Michigan and their obsession with their high school basketball team (the Nimrods) will air on the in-flight channel on November 1st, while it will air on the Sundance Channel on November 26th.
Delta Air Lines and HBO have struck a deal to provide the pay network's programming on the airline's longer flights. The programming, which includes movies as well as episodes of HBO series like The Sopranos and Deadwood, will be an on-demand feature that will become available on flights of over four hours. Of course, the plane will need to be equipped with Delta's new in-flight entertainment system before being able to offer the programming to passengers.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bates Motel': The Best and Craziest Moments from Season 1
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 4 Finale: 7 Cliffhangers to be Addressed in Season 5
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- BuddyTV Free Auctions: Win a Copy of the 'Game of Thrones' Book 1 or 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' on DVD
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Dancing With the Stars' costumes get played by ear on a weekly basis
- 'Suits' Season 3 spoiler roundup: Harvey dumps Mike, Mike dates Rachel and more
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3, episode 9 - 'S.O.B.s'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 finale: Winner predictions and technical difficulties
- 'Men at Work': Gibbs gets inside Tyler's head
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: XBox Orders Live-Action Halo Series, Rena Sofer to Bold and Beautiful and More
- Fall TV Schedule Moves in Review: The Savvy, the Shocking and the Sorta Snoozeworthy
- Criminal Minds Boss Previews Finale Face-Off With The Replicator: 'He Throws the First Punch'
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- More From TVLine