The tables have turned on Food Network star Ina Garten, the 'Barefoot Contessa,' who was publicly shamed last week for turning down a Make-a-Wish kid. On Monday, she called the family of Enzo Pereda, a 6-year-old cancer patient, to say she had reconsidered, but now TMZ is reporting they turned her down.
"This has been a disaster for Ina," a foodie insider tells PopEater's Rob Shuter. "She buried her head in the sand for days hoping the bad publicity would go over, but it didn't."
Ina Garten was cooking up some seriously bad karma along with her culinary creations when she refused -- twice -- to meet a 6-year-old boy suffering from cancer.
Now, according to a statement from Garten, known to many by her TV moniker 'Barefoot Contessa,' the boy has been invited to visit the set of her show.
"Ina became aware of Enzo's story this weekend and will be calling him today," a spokesperson for Garten told ABC News. "She looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."
'MasterChef' (9PM ET, Fox) is based on the Australian version of the show -- not the BBC model -- in which a large group of hopefuls from across the country audition with their best dish, and if they pass the judges, they move on to the semi-finals.
But have you ever thought about which of the celebrity cooks and chefs on television you'd want to teach you? We took 10 popular TV chefs and rated their teaching abilities from 1-10 -- 10 being the best possible teacher, 1 being the worst. Let us know if you agree with our ratings ...
Whether it's 'The Barefoot Contessa' or 'Tyler's Ultimate,' there's a wide variety of food, cooking, chefs and experts on The Food Network. For the most part, the diversity is great and if you're a food fan -- a foodie -- you can watch FN for hours on end and be entertained. However, if you do watch for more than a few hours, especially the 'in the kitchen' programming which is all about creating dishes, there are some things that stand out -- five burning questions about the Food Network.
1. What's with the hygiene?
On nearly every cooking show, the food preparers -- whether they're an American Iron Chef like Bobby Flay or a restaurant owner/home cook like Paula Deen -- are obsessive about washing their hands. Any time they touch meat or chicken, there's a camera following them to the sink to wash hands with soap.
Ina Garten says that she won't have the former Alias star on the show because she only has real friends on the show with her. I actually have to admire that. A lot of shows would jump at the chance to have any sort of TV or movie celebrity on, just to get some buzz or ratings or celebrity gravitas. It's refreshing that Garten sees the phoniness behind that and actually has people on the show that she knows. I guess Garner has to get to know her first and then they can make soup together.
I cover a lot of reality shows and I found Hulu to be a great website for me to catch Glee, Modern Family, and Community without having to fill up my DVR. When Hulu gives me the option to play one long form commercial, I squeal, press play, and run to the bathroom to pee. When I get back Glee's preview is on. That show is better without either commercial or bathroom interruptions.
So how was this "Dinner at Ina's" episode? This is going to be one of those times where I don't even read your comments until I watch the episode, which I'm going to do right now.
Now they've launched a magazine to go along with the channel.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 11: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Suits' Interview: Rick Hoffman Wishes 'the People of Pearson Specter Good Luck Dealing With Louis'
- The Best Zings from 'Big Brother 16'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Jax Gets Out
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: SYTYCD and Talent Slip to New Lows, Extant Steady, Motive Rises
- Grey's Boss Shonda Rhimes Drops Bombshell: 'I'm Not Going to Say Derek and Meredith Are Never Breaking Up'
- Nashville's Rayna and Juliette Face the Future in New Season 3 Poster
- Julianne Hough Returning to DWTS… As a Fourth Judge — Yea or Nay?
- SYTYCD Top 6 Recap: It's Gonna Be a Bride, Sunshiney Day [Updated]
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: The 'Revenge' Cast is Tipsy in These Hilarious Season 3 Bloopers!
- Tina Knowles Comments on Beyonce and Jay Z Split Rumors
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates 'Black Rage (Sketch)' to Ferguson
- Aaron Paul Hosting 'Breaking Bad' Scavenger Hunt on Emmy Awards Day
- Robin Williams' Ashes Scattered in San Francisco Bay
- More From ET