You probably heard that ABC's V premiere got off to a big start in the ratings. In fact, it was the biggest drama series premiere of the season, seen by 14.3 million viewers and netting a 5.2 rating among adults 18-49. What does all that mean? To me, it says that even without the skywriting promotion that was canned, ABC marketing had raised awareness and drew the curious, the sci-fi fans, the nostalgic and a few more watchers for the launch.
Despite the big number, there's a good chance that V will sink in future outings because viewers like me were not hooked. I wanted to fall in like/love, but it didn't happen. Here's five reasons why:
The thought of barbecues and July 4th parties got me thinking about which TV characters with whom I'd like to spend Independence Day. I wouldn't want them here at my place, though, I want to go to their places. I have high expectations, too, and a vivid imagination.
Here's the six TV characters who could expect me to join them to watch the rockets red glare -- if only they were real live folks and not just my fictional faves.
The day-long programming event will include exclusive messages from both Senator McCain and Senator Obama. The programming block will not only pay tribute to the sacrifice of these young soldiers, but also elevate their issues in light of the 2008 Presidential campaigns.
HBO has just announced that they are going to take Richard Ford's acclaimed trilogy of books, The Sportswriter, Independence Day, and Lay of the Land, and turn them into a six hour miniseries titled The Sportswriter.
The books focus on sportswriter Frank Bascombe and the problems he has in his life. The books cover everything from Vietnam to 9/11 and so will the miniseries. It will be directed by James Mangold (Men In Trees, Identity, Walk The Line) and written by Mark Bomback, who also wrote the upcoming third Die Hard movie with Bruce Willis and Justin Long.
This should be an interesting miniseries, especially if they get someone good to play Bascombe and stick close to the books. I've only read The Sportswriter. It's quite good.
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 21 Best Finale Cliffhangers of the 2014-2015 TV Season
- 15 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2015
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Woman in the Whirlpool'
- 'The Whispers' Season Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'UnREAL' Cast Photos: Meet the Bachelor, Contestants and Production Folks from 'Everlasting'
- More From BuddyTV
- Chicago Med: Arrow Alum Colin Donnell Joins Spinoff as Series Regular
- Teen Wolf: Five Teases from the Twisted Season 5 Premiere
- American Odyssey: Allison Mack Learns a Big Secret From Odelle's Daughter
- TVLine Items: Married Parents Cast, Oil Renamed, GH's New Dillon and More
- HBO's Clarence Thomas Movie Casts Greg Kinnear (as Biden), J-Hud, Others
- More From TVLine
- Iggy Azalea Cancels 'Great Escape' Tour
- Are Taylor Swift and Hailee Steinfeld Collaborating?
- 'Cruel Intentions' Musical Cast Gushes About Big Night With Film's Original Stars
- Ed Sheeran Adorably Reveals Why He Won't Hook Up With Taylor Swift
- 5 Uncomfortable Duggar Moments From the Family's Life in the Spotlight
- More From ET