Ghost Whisper, or as I call it, Can I Sit Through a Show I Hate For No Other Reason Than to Ogle Jennifer Love Hewitt?, now has a spin-off of sorts, an online-only series launching today on CBS' innertube broadband site. The new web series, Ghost Whisperer: The Other Side, focuses on Zach, an earthbound spirit who tries to come to terms with his death with the help of other spirits. Zach will be played by Mark Hapka, and the series will also feature Robin Hines, rapper DNA and Graham McTavish as the ghosts who try to help Zach communicate with the world of the living.
Zach will also appear in the second season finale of Ghost Whisperer. The first webisode is available to watch now, and a new episode will debut every Friday.
Check out a trailer for the new online series after the jump.
As a sidenote, the remaining episodes of Smith are no longer on Innertube. The heist drama, starring Ray Liotta, preceded 3 lbs in the Tuesday night at 10 pm slot. Three episodes of Smith made air before the network yanked it.
I've read the synopses and I'll spoil it for you... after the jump:
This is a big step for the networks and new media. It's one thing to have a web only reality show, added bonus clips, or to burn off episodes of your failed series online. But it is an entirely different thing to hire known actors to create a series specifically for online distribution. Now let's see NBC answer by finally producing some more Nobody's Watching episodes.
I haven't watched all the episodes and don't plan to since I wasn't a fan, but feel free to let us know in comments if it got any better!
[Thanks for the tip, Matt!]
The show, again like Borat, is a comedy/reality hybrid. You've got mockumentary, talking head shots like The Office, but also scenes in which the actors are improvising off of unwitting American dupes. The Papdits perpetuate that uncomfortable, cringe-inducing humor we've all come to know and love.
Did anybody watch this series?
CBS' Innertube broadband site has an occasionally interesting series called Animate This! in which stars from different series tell stories about being in the industry which are then animated for comic effect. Some of the stories, such as Jennifer Love Hewitt's recollection of singing as a young child at a Texas fair, aren't that interesting, while others, such as Jeff Probst story of scuba diving while taping Survivor and ending up away from the boat with producer Mark Burnett and circled by a shark like the movie Open Water, are somewhat more gripping. The series is animated by Renegade Animation, the same studio that does Hi HI Puffy Ami Yumi on Cartoon Network.
[via Cold, Hard Flash]
So this means that two of the four major networks are now streaming prime-time shows for free; ABC announced their expanded roster of shows earlier this month. NBC? Fox? You going to join us in the 21st century?
(Just kidding. It's a college-based makeover show.)
At some point, CBS will also stream programming culled from their back catalog of shows, which is good news for the two or three people who miss Major Dad.
[via The Futon Critic]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 5.3 Photos: Arthur and David Team Up to Catch a Thief
- 'Scream Queens' Quotes: The 15 Strangest Things Said in 'Halloween'
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from the Season 2 Premiere
- 'NCIS': 10 Mistakes Made in 'Incognito'
- [Videos] 'Vampire Diaries' Season 7 Premiere Sneak Peek: Yes, Stefan 'Made It a Thing'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Grandfathered Casts Nikita Vet, J. Lo to Host AMAs and More
- The Originals Season 3: Hayley and Elijah Are 'Doomed to Love Each Other'
- Bob's Burgers Renewed for Seasons 7, 8
- Arrow Sneak Peek: Damien Darhk Lays Out His Evil Plot for Star City
- The 100 Video: Go Inside One of Clarke and Finn's Biggest Season 2 Scuffles
- More From TVLine
- No Doubt's 'Tragic Kingdom' Turns 20! Gwen Stefani Looks Back on the 'Magical Time'
- Lance Bass Says He Was 'Inappropriately' Touched as a Teen
- Kanye West Says He's 'Proud' of Caitlyn Jenner for 'Breaking Ground': 'F**k What People Say'
- Check Out Renee Zellweger Sporting a Baby Bump on Set of New 'Bridget Jones' Movie
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel': 6 Things to Know About Lady Gaga's Bloodthirsty, Sex-Obsessed Countess
- More From ET