Don Rickles, the premiere insult comic, will be honored with the first Pinnacle Award at the Comedy and Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado next month. The ceremony will include a screening of John Landis' documentary about the comedian, The Rickles Project. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with Landis and Rickles.
Rickles got his start playing night clubs, later moving on to film and television. He appeared on several of Dean Martin's "Roasts" and was also the star of his own television series in the '70s, C.P.O. Sharkey, one of a few short-lived shows featuring Rickles (others included Daddy Dearest and The Don Rickles Show). Rickles also guest starred on several other television series, such as The Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, and Newhart.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Supergirl Taps Salem Actor as DC Hero Red Tornado — But There's a Twist
- Hawaii Five-0 Casts Sarah Carter as Steve's GF — What About Catherine?
- Empire Season 2 Premiere First Look: Courtroom Cookie, Chessboard Lucious and Special Guest... Don Lemon?
- Vice President Joe Biden to Appear on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- TVLine Items: Madam Secretary Gets a Bro, DWTS Pro Injured and More
- More From TVLine
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Shares Sweet Throwback Pic to Celebrate 13th Wedding Anniversary
- 2015 Fall TV Preview: The 7 Best New Shows You Need to Watch and Why!
- Dwyane Wade Surprises Gabrielle Union With Romantic Anniversary Vacation – See All the Bikini Pics!
- Shia LaBeouf Steps Out With Reported New Girlfriend in Wake of Mia Goth Fight
- EXCLUSIVE: Brandi Glanville Reveals New Details About Kim Richards and Yolanda Foster's Health Battles
- More From ET