Don Rickles, the premiere insult comic, will be honored with the first Pinnacle Award at the Comedy and Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado next month. The ceremony will include a screening of John Landis' documentary about the comedian, The Rickles Project. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with Landis and Rickles.
Rickles got his start playing night clubs, later moving on to film and television. He appeared on several of Dean Martin's "Roasts" and was also the star of his own television series in the '70s, C.P.O. Sharkey, one of a few short-lived shows featuring Rickles (others included Daddy Dearest and The Don Rickles Show). Rickles also guest starred on several other television series, such as The Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, and Newhart.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.7 Photos: Amelia's Addiction Causes Problems
- 'Gotham' Episode 8 Photos: Bruce Goes Back to School and Finds a New Friend
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Bones Bopped by Big Bang, Elementary Premiere Down, A to Z falls
- CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others
- Constantine's Matt Ryan Talks Meeting Zed, Losing His Clothes and Reuniting the Newcastle Crew
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Will Belle Betray Rumplestiltskin?
- The Colbert Report's End Date Revealed
- More From TVLine
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- Chelsea Handler Slams Instagram for Removing Her Topless Photo
- Is Jessica Biel Pregnant? New Tweet Fuels Baby Rumors
- How Long Will Robert Downey Jr. Play Iron Man?
- Check Out Jane Fonda as Mr. Burns' New Girlfriend on 'The Simpsons'
- More From ET