Don Rickles, the premiere insult comic, will be honored with the first Pinnacle Award at the Comedy and Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado next month. The ceremony will include a screening of John Landis' documentary about the comedian, The Rickles Project. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with Landis and Rickles.
Rickles got his start playing night clubs, later moving on to film and television. He appeared on several of Dean Martin's "Roasts" and was also the star of his own television series in the '70s, C.P.O. Sharkey, one of a few short-lived shows featuring Rickles (others included Daddy Dearest and The Don Rickles Show). Rickles also guest starred on several other television series, such as The Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, and Newhart.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- George Eads to Exit CSI
- True Detective: Rachel McAdams and Season 2 Character Details Confirmed
- Pilot Scoop: Michael Stahl-David to Star in TNT's '70s Drug Drama
- Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- More From TVLine
- Beyonce Put Her Album on Spotify and You Should Listen to It (No Matter What Taylor Swift Says)
- Did Selena Gomez Whisper Something To Justin Bieber During Her AMA Performance?
- Who Is the Highest Earning Celebrity Under 30?
- 'The Originals' Claire Holt on the Return of Rebekah and Which Brother Haley Should Date!
- The Best Marriage Advice That Jordan Knight Gave Nick Carter
- More From ET