|Roast of Joan Rivers||Sun, Aug 9 10pm / 9c|
It's been a mainstay on The Daily Show, where Jon Stewart has really taken the insult to heart, having coined the phrases "Congressional Medal of Douchebaggery" and "Douchebag of Liberty." You know you've really made it in the media when Stewart devotes an entire montage to how much of a douchebag you are, as he's done with Robert Novak.
The unfiltered venue the internet provides, coupled with the promise of anonymity, has made it easier than ever for people to be rude and obnoxious to one another. I've been doing this "Web" thing long enough and seen enough hastily-typed insults from "anonymous" posters that I've learned the best approach is to simply ignore them.
But this isn't about me. This is about Joe Rogan (39), who does not, dag nabbit, ignore anyone who dare to lob a disparaging remark in his direction. When a 20 year old college student sent Rogan (who, again, is 39) this pithy message through MySpace: "Joe Rogan, I hate you... you're not funny... " Rogan (did I mention he's in his late thirties?) immediately shot back, resulting in this e-mail exchange. I haven't seen a battle of wits like this between a young kid and a grown man twice his age since yesterday when I got in a shouting match with a fifteen year old girl over whether Bubbles or Buttercup was the better Powerpuff Girl.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- Fall 2014 Calendar: 121 Premiere Dates
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: Amazon to Revive The Tick, Starring Patrick Warburton
- Hotel Hell Sneak Peek: 'Everybody Thinks You're a Horrible [Bleep]'
- New Girl Casts Once Upon a Time Prince as Jess' Not-So-Charming [Spoiler]
- Wil Wheaton Project Cancelled by Syfy
- SYTYCD Video: Top 4 Unveil How They'll Celebrate — If They Win
- More From TVLine