|Roast of Joan Rivers||Sun, Aug 9 10pm / 9c|
It's been a mainstay on The Daily Show, where Jon Stewart has really taken the insult to heart, having coined the phrases "Congressional Medal of Douchebaggery" and "Douchebag of Liberty." You know you've really made it in the media when Stewart devotes an entire montage to how much of a douchebag you are, as he's done with Robert Novak.
The unfiltered venue the internet provides, coupled with the promise of anonymity, has made it easier than ever for people to be rude and obnoxious to one another. I've been doing this "Web" thing long enough and seen enough hastily-typed insults from "anonymous" posters that I've learned the best approach is to simply ignore them.
But this isn't about me. This is about Joe Rogan (39), who does not, dag nabbit, ignore anyone who dare to lob a disparaging remark in his direction. When a 20 year old college student sent Rogan (who, again, is 39) this pithy message through MySpace: "Joe Rogan, I hate you... you're not funny... " Rogan (did I mention he's in his late thirties?) immediately shot back, resulting in this e-mail exchange. I haven't seen a battle of wits like this between a young kid and a grown man twice his age since yesterday when I got in a shouting match with a fifteen year old girl over whether Bubbles or Buttercup was the better Powerpuff Girl.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'Castle' Interview with Seamus Dever on the 70's Episode: 'People Weren't Recognizing Me'
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Breaker of Chains'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- Andi Dorfman Takes a Dig at Juan Pablo in New 'Bachelorette' Poster
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: NBC's Believe, Fox's Cosmos Are Easter Sunday's Only Risers
- Exclusive Bones Video: Has the Ghost Killer Returned (or Is Brennan Just Bonkers)?
- Glee First Look: Shirley MacLaine's Lunch Date With Blaine! Plus — Rachel Berry, TV Star?
- What to Watch Monday: The Voice Goes Live, Castle's In a Disco Daze, Archer Finale and More
- True Blood Season 7: First Teaser Reveals 'Sick Vampires' and Civil War in Bon Temps
- More From TVLine