|Roast of Joan Rivers||Sun, Aug 9 10pm / 9c|
It's been a mainstay on The Daily Show, where Jon Stewart has really taken the insult to heart, having coined the phrases "Congressional Medal of Douchebaggery" and "Douchebag of Liberty." You know you've really made it in the media when Stewart devotes an entire montage to how much of a douchebag you are, as he's done with Robert Novak.
The unfiltered venue the internet provides, coupled with the promise of anonymity, has made it easier than ever for people to be rude and obnoxious to one another. I've been doing this "Web" thing long enough and seen enough hastily-typed insults from "anonymous" posters that I've learned the best approach is to simply ignore them.
But this isn't about me. This is about Joe Rogan (39), who does not, dag nabbit, ignore anyone who dare to lob a disparaging remark in his direction. When a 20 year old college student sent Rogan (who, again, is 39) this pithy message through MySpace: "Joe Rogan, I hate you... you're not funny... " Rogan (did I mention he's in his late thirties?) immediately shot back, resulting in this e-mail exchange. I haven't seen a battle of wits like this between a young kid and a grown man twice his age since yesterday when I got in a shouting match with a fifteen year old girl over whether Bubbles or Buttercup was the better Powerpuff Girl.
[via Best Week Ever]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Report: E! Docuseries Will Capture Bruce Jenner's Transition to Woman
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- More From TVLine
- Updated: Whitney Houston's Daughter Found Unresponsive in Bathtub
- Justin Timberlake Is 'Getting the Greatest Gift Ever': A Baby
- Star Sightings
- Helen Mirren, Jerry Seinfeld & Tom Hanks Ride the Subway -- Just Like You
- These 15 Seconds of Neil Patrick Harris Will Make You Excited for His Variety Show
- More From ET