There are six episodes of Leverage left from season two, then the third season will commence in the summer. This set up is a lot like The Closer, and you know how well that split schedule has been working. By the way, you do know that split schedules is one of the things I'm most grateful about this holiday season, don't you?
Turns out that it was on a commercial for AIG. Yes, AIG, that huge insurance company that was a big part of the economic collapse. The company that was too big for America to let fail.
And 12, well, you're looking at 12."
(S04E02) Is this our Brenda? So happy, so horny, so friendly and jovial. After last week's heavy duty episode, with the fires and the serial arsonist with the creepy (also very beguiling) smile, this episode found Brenda in a playful mood. Don't you love a well-rounded character?
It was very romantic the way Brenda was awakened by Fritzie, and for a show that tends to show more of the neurotic Brenda than the sexy Brenda, this was a lovely change of pace. And if you can consider a story in which homeless drunks are run over (and over) by cars -- vehicular homicide indeed -- for insurance money a light, comic turn, then this episode qualifies.
That would seem to be the motto for Swingtown. It is all about relationships. On the marriage front, Tom and Trina's open marriage, which has been the model for marital bliss till now, has hit the rocks. Okay, maybe not the rocks, but there have been some rough waters.
Long before he toted a machine gun and traded quips with Mr. T, George Peppard starrred as the suave, clever insurance investigator Thomas Banacek on the Boston-based mystery series Banacek. Both characters loved their cigars.
A company called Hart Sharp Video is going to release a two-disc DVD set of the show's first season. It will be released on May 15 and is part of a series of sets they're going to release (the others are The Crow and Trapped In TV Guide, a prank show based around classic TV shows). Extras on the Banacek discs will include a photo gallery, a microsite, and a special TV Guide crossword puzzle.
As a former anthropology teacher, I'm curious to hear the origin story of these particular cavemen. Despite the lowered brow, they're clearly bipedal and have mastered the use of simple tools. Could they be Neanderthal descents? Or, maybe I'm barking up the wrong fossilized evidence tree. Do you think they'd be offended if I asked whether or not they know Cha-Ka?
Poor,duck. It probably doesn't know how to say anything other than "Aflac," which could cut the second phase of his career awfully short. Perhaps, he could go into early "fallen corporate mascot" retirement. There's got to be a pasture out there somewhere where Morris the Cat, Spuds McKenzie and the Anheuser-Busch Clydesdales sit around and bitch about their agents.
UPDATE: The duck lives! The AdAge story which this post referred to was picked up by news outlets all over the country. Apparently, the piece overstated Herbert's intention of expanding beyond television ads to other media where the duck's "quack" would not be heard. Aflac has officially announced that they have, "no intention of abandoning the duck."
But there is also a sad component to the daytime fascination with mortality: the disappointment you feel when you see your favorite TV legend selling Medicare supplemental insurance or life insurance on TV.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville': 2 Jaw-Dropping and 12 Surprising Moments from 'Tomorrow Never Comes'
- 37 Most Talked-About Moments of 2013
- Casting Bits: Kelly Clarkson to Guest Star on 'Nashville,' a 'Pitch Perfect' Star on 'Glee' and More
- [Video] 'Teen Wolf' Season 3 Trailer Promises New Danger and Romance
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Jury Watch: Who Could Win?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones': King Joffrey's 10 most evil moments
- 'New Girl': A Super Bowl episode with Prince?
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3b trailer: Dark times for Stiles, Scott and Allison
- WWE's The Miz on 'Christmas Bounty', 'Real World' and 'Tribute to the Troops'
- 'Community' Season 5: Watch the epic 'Beyond the Darkest Timeline' trailer
- More From Zap2it
- Kurt Sutter to Follow Up Sons of Anarchy With Period Drama Pilot for FX
- Grimm's David Giuntoli Talks Sewers, Stunt Mishaps and Why Santa Had It Coming
- Video: Dulé Hill On Psych's Musical Episode, [Spoiler]'s Looming Death and the Series Finale
- TVLine Items: Goldbergs Casting Scoop, Survivor Renewed, Gail O'Grady Gets Revenge and More
- Community Trailer 'Rings' in Season 5 With Britta Worship, Donald Glover In-Jokes, Walton Goggins
- More From TVLine