Iranian leaders have recently embarked on a "moral security plan" to protect the country from so-called "un-Islamic" trends and a "western cultural invasion."
Under the new strict dress code men have been banned from wearing necklaces, and there's also a crack-down on short pants, loose headscarves on women and certain hairstyles on men.
All told, Ms. Shroud spent 410 days in prison -- a nearly 14-month-long sentence. She was kept in solitary confinement, in a cell measuring 10 ft x 5 ft. Her only contact with her friends came for two thirty-minute periods each day, when she was briefly allowed outside. Otherwise, Sarah was completely cut off from the world she had once known.
After more than a year, Sarah was released. Today on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' (weekdays, syndicated), Sarah gave her first interview since escaping Iran. She discussed what it was like to be falsely accused of being a spy -- and what kept her going during her dark days in jail.
That's hard to wrap your head around, and no doubt some folks would rather have Stewart as President. Either way, both of these guys can be somewhat annoying. There, we've said it. How about a smackdown in the squared circle? A little 'Wrestlemania' action between these two would be awesome!
Watch the videos after the jump.
Stephen Colbert may have made big news recently when he took his show on the road for a second time and performed for the troops in Iraq, but don't forget the other guy bringing fake news to the Middle East! Daily Show has been airing correspondent Jason Jones's reports from Iran, which were taped over the past month or so. Check out how many pockets are on that vest. He clearly means journalistic business.
The UK's Channel 4 had decided not to broadcast a drama featuring British soldiers abusing Iraqi detainees so as not to exacerbate the current situation surrounding fifteen Royal Navy personnel currently held captive in Iran. The debut for the movie was moved to May 17, which will most likely remain now that the soldiers have been released to the British Embassy (and assuming their return to British soil).
The drama, Mark of Cain, is somewhat based on the true-life story of three British soldiers who were convicted of abusing Iraqi civilians at Camp Bread Basket, Basra, in May 2003. The drama itself, however, is entirely fictional according to Gerard Kearns, who plays a soldier in the made-for-TV movie. Due to the tumultuous nature of the diplomatic standoff, the channel decided it was better to avoid anything that might endanger the lives of the fifteen soldiers, who were held captive in a secret location for twelve days.
March 19 will mark the 3 year anniversary of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The first year anniversary was paper, the second anniversary was (we were hoping for) oil, and the third year anniversary will be Operation Swarmer, the largest air assault since Shock and Awe. Happy anniversary! "It's our way of telling Iraq we would do it all over again..."
Vargas and Woodruff take over the #2-rated newscast in the nation, with Brian Williams and NBC still on top. CBS has yet to decide what it will do with its open anchor position and there are still whispers that Katie Couric is in contention.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'Revenge' Recap: The Three Mrs. Graysons
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Maggie's Mission Brings Bob and Sasha Together
- 'True Detective' Season 1 Finale Recap: Rust and Marty Bond Over Crazy
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kenya Kills NeNe with Kindness
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Game of Thrones' releases new Season 4 trailer: Watch the epic, extended sneak peek
- 'The Good Wife' Season 5, episode 13: Florrick-Agos is on to the NSA
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4, episode 13 'Alone' recap: One step closer to a Terminus reunion
- 'Shameless' Season 4, episode 8 recap: Ian comes home, Lip gets lucky
- 'Cosmos' review: Neil deGrasse Tyson brings brilliant science, questionable history to the world
- More From Zap2it
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- Looking Finale Post Mortem: Jonathan Groff on the Big Kevin-Richie Cliffhanger
- The Good Wife Recap: Integrity Check
- New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart'– But the Dragon Is Still Rad
- Will You Return For More Resurrection?
- More From TVLine