July 1, 2015
by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 7th 2009 11:03AM
When Andy Richter left Late Night With Conan O'Brien to establish his own career in acting, nobody knew that he'd come full circle and rejoin O'Brien years later. At the same time, nobody knew that creator Victor Fresco would do much the same thing.
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was one of those quirky shows that most people, who enjoy a dash of nonsense in their comedy, really dug. It was a very playful show about a guy working in a massive company. It featured a small ensemble with great chemistry on-screen, and had a unique look at big corporations.
A few years later, Fresco tapped that well again, and we got Better Off Ted, another comedy with absurdist tendencies set in a massive corporation with a small cast. Like Andy, it eked out a second season based more on critical acclaim than ratings. As someone who enjoys both shows, I find myself worrying that Ted will share Andy's ultimate fate, cancellation after the second season.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- Astronaut Wives Video: Rene Fears the Worst as Scott's Mission Goes Awry
- TVLine Items: Once Crowns King, HBO Casts MLK Jr., Rick and Morty and More
- More From TVLine
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Guide To Getting Back Out There After Their 10-Year Marriage
- Jennie Garth Shows Off Her Giant New Rose Tattoo in a Bikini
- Brandi Glanville Talks Playing the Villain on 'Real Housewives,' Reveals Her Salary
- Beyonce Celebrates Marriage Equality in a Rainbow Bikini -- Watch the Colorful Video!
- Kylie Jenner Moves Into Her $2.7 Million Mansion That Exists to Make You Feel Bad About Your Life
- More From ET