If you recall, he gave an interview with 'Today' and two other NBC properties last August; he was sent back to jail because he was supposedly only given permission to talk to 'Today.'
In the note to us, the person -- who we're pretty sure was Hatch, based on some digging we did after the note came in -- claims that the system is "broken" and that he doesn't owe any back taxes, something Hatch has said in public a number of times.
So, I decided to ask him about whether he liked sending websites e-mails like that, then we talked a little about the case.
Pamela Anderson may have to start spending a little less time at the beach. Apparently she owes the Internal Revenue Service almost $2 million in back taxes.
Obviously, this was a miscalculation on the part of her accountants. Given Anderson's history and reputation, it's not as if we're expecting her to do her own taxes. Nor are we expecting her to develop a new cancer vaccine or do rocket engineering anytime soon.
Perhaps Hollywood could have some sort of fundraiser for her. "Pam-Aid", perhaps? She could auction off the outfit she wore on The Girls Next Door. Oh wait, she wasn't wearing one. Her former Baywatch co-star David Hasselhoff could even sing one of his hits at the concert.
She is expecting to make some money soon. Her new music single is being released in 2010. Sales are expected in the dozens.
Things may get so desperate that she'll have to sell one of her boobs. It's okay. Others can be made.
You don't mind if I call you Rich, do you? I feel like I know you well. And it's not just because I watched you walking around naked on an island somewhere either. No, it's because you were on Survivor twice and in both those instances, you really impressed me with your game-playing. You deserved to win that first Survivor. You earned it, Richard Hatch. You outwit, outplayed and outlasted all the rest, including Sue who probably wanted to kill you.
So, now that you're out of jail -- hopefully for good -- I'm rooting for you to get your stuff together and move on with life. That means shut your mouth. Stop yapping about how the authorities are conspiring against you. Stop saying it's because you're gay.
The first thing you must do is pay the back taxes on the prize money you legitimately won. Surely, you know that's how they got Al Capone. Pay the IRS, man. Start a payment system, they'll accept that.
This is no surprise, considering his lawyer's "defense". In closing arguments, Hatch's own lawyer called his client the "world's worst bookkeeper" and said that Hatch never meant to do anything wrong. I'd say Hatch hired the "world's worst lawyer". Is there a mug for that?
Hatch's lawyer argued that the producers of Survivor made a deal with his client to pay taxes on his win when he caught the other castaways eating unauthorized food. But, Hatch never actually testified to that claim while he was on the stand. As for the $25,000 he was supposed to give to charity, Hatch had 3 explanations. First, he said that he put the checks in his own bank account since his charity didn't have an account. He also blamed the credit union for actually writing the checks to him, but a bank teller refutes Hatch's story. And he says the charity money he spent on renovations on his home was legit since he runs his charity, a wilderness retreat for troubled kids, out of the home. Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett testified that Hatch, just like every other Survivor contestant, signed an agreement that he would be responsible for the taxes on any winnings.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- The 25 Best Dances from 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19
- 'Hart of Dixie' Season 4 Premiere Photos: All About Zoe and Wade
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.8 Photos: A Sheriff's Retreat
- 'The Originals': 15 Moments of Love, Death and Reunions From 'The Brothers That Care Forgot'
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time Photos: Kissing, Canoodling and Blackbeard Vs.... Anna?
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman to Star in Big Little Lies Limited Series; David E. Kelley to Serve as Writer/Showrunner
- Supernatural Sneak Peek: Meet the Winchesters' Witchy New Big Bad
- TVLine Items: POI Spies Fringe Alum, Once Princess to Badlands and More
- Hart of Dixie Season 4 Bumped Up to December; See 9 New Premiere Photos
- More From TVLine
- Why Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling Named Their Daughter Esmeralda Amada
- Pamper Your Pet with a Doggie Bag Worth Over $500
- Hugh Jackman Plays a Terrifying Blackbeard in New 'Pan' Trailer
- Johnny Depp on His Recent Critical Flops: I Just Don't Give a F*ck
- Nicole Richie is Getting a Crash Course (and Lots of Bruises) in Roller Derby!
- More From ET