There they were, dancing in a club, grinding on strangers, getting drunk and generally carousing about.
Some things don't need to change, though Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino seems to be confusing Italy with Las Vegas. What happens in Italy, and on the top-rated show on MTV, most definitely does not stay in Italy.
So he'd better be careful how close he's getting to Snooki. The other cast members seem as put-off and surprised by his sudden interest in his diminutive roommate as we are.
According to E! Online, production troubles might cause the MTV series' planned season abroad to turn into a short-term vacation. Though E! reports there have been difficulties getting the proper filming permits, an Italian Film Commission rep said nobody from MTV has applied for any yet.
The real delay? Probably contract negotiations, as several cast members have not yet signed deals for the new season.
In other TV news ...
• 'Desperate Housewives' star Brenda Strong will play Ann Ewing, wife to Patrick Duffy's Bobby, on TNT's 'Dallas' reboot. The show will start shooting in Texas next month. [TV Guide]
• 'Mad Men' might be on hiatus until 2012, but we'll still be able to see the show this summer. Netflix announced that the show will be available to stream on its Watch Instantly service starting July 27. [Variety]
• Eleven new shows apparently weren't enough for Bravo. The network is developing two scripted and five new reality series, including 'Women of Wall Street' (about, well, the women of Wall Street), 'Gallery Girls' (about 20-something art gallery workers), 'The Annabel Tollman Project' (about a fashion editor–turned–celebrity stylist), 'Jason of Beverly Hills' (about a jeweler), 'The Kristoffer Winters Project' (about a house-flipper) and 'Face Down' (about a makeup artist). [THR]
In a recent interview with E! Online, new author Jenni 'JWoww' Farley said she thinks 'Jersey Shore' will end after next season. With the way MTV schedules its shows, you know what that means? The final episodes will likely air in 2012. The apocalypse really is nigh!
After the cast travels to Italy to shoot season 4 (or 3, depending on whom you're talking to), they'll travel back to Seaside Heights for a few weeks and wrap filming there.
"If it ends, it has to end at the Jersey Shore," JWoww told E!. "I think we would have done it all by then. What else could we do? ... I just feel like after Italy and going back to Jersey one more time we probably accomplished it all."
According to TMZ, the next season of the ratings smash will take place in Italy. The network is currently scouting Italian shooting locations, and the cast will visit Vinny Guadagnino's relatives for some authentic Italian eats.
The trip abroad has apparently been in the works for two months -- that's how long ago execs began working on obtaining visas for the cast and crew, TMZ reports.
(S03E08) "You don't kiss boys, boys kiss you." - Betty, to Sally
I think my favorite episodes of Mad Men are the ones that have a nice balance of Draper household drama and Sterling Cooper advertising drama. It seemed that this episode was going to tilt a lot - too much - towards the former, but about 20 minutes in, both worlds came together in unexpected ways -- Betty going on the business trip to Rome with Don and Pete running into ... well, someone at the department store. We'll talk about that more after the jump.
Federico, who has no less that eight film roles to his credit for release this year, doesn't need to paint to pay the rent. He paints because he's an artist and -- clearly -- a good one. This original work was created after his appearance on the show. As Furio Giunta, the Italian made the mistake of becoming a wee bit too enamored with his boss's wife. Rather than stay in Jersey and potentially have an affair with Carmela, Furio returned to Italy and never came back -- as far as we know. David Chase may have a whole other story that was written and never filmed involving Furio. Chase is funny that way.
Today on TV Squad Daily: Reality TV is taking over!
- China's super-strict, guys-only version of American Idol debuts next month.
- Italy's new reality show has Italian mamma's picking brides for their sons, who are afflicted with too many girlfriends.
- American Idol's songwriting contest is back on, so the winner's first single might actually be good this time!
This is an interesting bit of yin yang for y'all*:
It seems that all the reasons given by Claudio Petruccioli, president of the Italian state broadcaster RAI, not to have reality programming on his channel are the exact reasons why American broadcasters want to have more reality programming:
- "unreasonable if not degrading behaviour"
- "[putting] people into environments that are both unrealistic and coercive"
Funny series of screen caps over at TV Newser. I guess MSNBC went "Breaking News" crazy over the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes wedding, and actually had a whole series of neverending stories at the bottom of their screen all day long. Hopefully they covered other news that day too.
Did they cover other celebrity stories like this too? "Breaking News: Bob Barker to retire," or "Breaking News: Ben Affleck buys a Mocha Frappucino at L.A. Starbucks."
Maybe - maybe - they could have had one "Breaking News" report at the bottom of the screen, when the couple were actually married. But did they actually have to go add "Breaking News: Tom Cruise arrives at castle" or "Breaking News: Ex Penelope Cruz sends white roses"? Jeez. They could have had a bunch more. "Breaking News: MSNBC puts up a Breaking News logo about Tom/Kate wedding" and "Breaking News: Jennifer Lopez and Brooke Shields among invited guests."
Oh, wait, they actually did have that last one.
No, no, no, not as a contestant, though wouldn't that be a twist?
No, actually, the producers of the current version of the show have wanted the Pope involved in the project since the beginning, since the show features an Italian Prince. Producer Mike Fleiss thinks it would be cool if Prince Borghese could talk to the Pope before handing out to the woman
he's going to leave in six months once the hype for the show is over who he will live with forever and ever.
Somehow I don't see this happening.
Fleiss has even put in a request to the Vatican. But it all depends on the Pope's schedule. He's already slated to be on MTV's Total Request Live, so he might not be able to make it.
[Via TV Tattle]
Apolo Anton Ohno has two sprints, in the 500m and the men's relay races on the short track. So far during these games, Apolo has won a bronze medal.
Also, we may finally hear the last of Bode Miller after he races in the slalom:
Actual competition continues on NBC in the form of speed skating, a six-mile marathon race that features American Chad Hedrick. Also, the women compete in the alpine giant slalom and four men climb into a bobsled and race down an icy track at break-neck speeds. Plus, more curling!
Check it out:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- 'The Originals' new premiere episode: What's coming for 'The Vampire Diaries' spinoff?
- More From Zap2it
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes
- Fox's Top Reality Exec Mike Darnell to Depart Amid Major American Idol Overhaul
- TV Season in Review: Breaks Are Bad, Gore Is Good, a Reality Check and More Lessons Learned
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials!
- TVLine Items: Cult Returns to The CW, New True Blood Promo Declares War on Vamps and More!
- More From TVLine