October 23, 2014
j chris newberg
by Michael Maloney, posted Aug 18th 2011 12:00PM
Singer/musician J Chris Newberg, who brilliantly roasted 'America's Got Talent' judge Piers Morgan on Tuesday's Wild Card show, was reminded of an old show biz adage when he failed to advance to the semi-finals in last night's results program.
"Dying is easy, comedy is hard."
Newberg's act seemed like a shoe-in to continue on in the competition since Morgan's been giving Simon Cowell a run for his money as the reality competition series judge you love to hate the most.
Morgan gave a strike to four different acts on Tuesday's show (including one, not surprisingly, to Newberg) while fellow judges Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel refrained from giving any.
While Morgan himself couldn't help but laugh at a few of the digs, is it possible that Newberg went too far in his opening remark?
by Joel Keller, posted Jun 13th 2006 11:05PM
(S04E03) I've got to say, Last Comic Standing really makes me scratch my head sometimes. Yes, I know that the finalists aren't always the funniest people in their grouping. And, yes, I know that they need to put varied character types in the house so it's not all just twelve of the same type of people trying to out yuk-yuk each other. But the selections that are made to go into the house really make me think the producers think the audience is a bunch of drooling idiots. Why? Because some of the picks you could see coming from the first time they popped on the screen during the audition episode, and the rest are so comically inferior to the some of the ones that didn't get picked, it's obvious that they're being picked for reasons other than being... freaking... funny.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- 'Nashville' Recap: How Much Longer Can Will Keep His Secret?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Bugging Out
- More From BuddyTV
- Here's What Renee Zellweger Told ET About Plastic Surgery -- Back in 2002
- S Club 7 Makes Our Dreams Come True With Reunion News
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- More From ET