In the latest episode, Jack White took Colbert into the dressing room where they prep for the photo shoots that accompany the albums. White told Colbert that his suit wasn't going to work since he was working with The Black Belles.
"They're kind of gothy," White told him. "So I think you might need to go a little bit darker with your threads."
Most people would agree that venerable newsman Mike Wallace has been an extremely influential force in TV news. Even in his late eighties the man is still well-respected. It seems, though, that his influence has stretched beyond mere journalism. During an in-studio performance and interview, singer Jack White of the White Stripes revealed that he got the name for his new band, The Raconteurs, from an article about Mike Wallace. The article described Wallace as a "raconteur," which means a person skilled at telling anecdotes. White apparently liked how the name sounded, and thus his band had a name. What still remains a mystery is whether Wang Chung got their name from Connie Chung.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Recap: Olivia Defuses a Bad Situation, Fitz Seeks a New VP
- American Crime: Does ABC's Morally Gray Drama Hit Too Close to Home?
- USA Network's DIG: Are You Heifer or Against the New Mystery Drama?
- Pilot News: Originals' Daniel Sharman Checks into CBS Medical Drama LFE
- American Idol Top 8 Ladies Recap: Shock and 'Awww!'
- More From TVLine
- Transgender Women Share Their Personal Stories with ET Special Correspondent Janet Mock
- Martha Stewart, Shaquille O'Neal to Roast Justin Bieber
- Josh Duhamel Gushes About Baby Axl, Says He Wants More Kids
- FLASHBACK: Harrison Ford Talks About Flying With Caution in ‘99
- 'Scandal' Tackles Ferguson Controversy With Episode Centered on Police Shooting
- More From ET