In the latest episode, Jack White took Colbert into the dressing room where they prep for the photo shoots that accompany the albums. White told Colbert that his suit wasn't going to work since he was working with The Black Belles.
"They're kind of gothy," White told him. "So I think you might need to go a little bit darker with your threads."
Most people would agree that venerable newsman Mike Wallace has been an extremely influential force in TV news. Even in his late eighties the man is still well-respected. It seems, though, that his influence has stretched beyond mere journalism. During an in-studio performance and interview, singer Jack White of the White Stripes revealed that he got the name for his new band, The Raconteurs, from an article about Mike Wallace. The article described Wallace as a "raconteur," which means a person skilled at telling anecdotes. White apparently liked how the name sounded, and thus his band had a name. What still remains a mystery is whether Wang Chung got their name from Connie Chung.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- 'Nashville' Recap: How Much Longer Can Will Keep His Secret?
- More From BuddyTV
- Zach Galifianakis Asks Brad Pitt About Jennifer Aniston's 'Friends' on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Kim Kardashian: North West Will Have to Work For What She Wants
- Zelda Williams Gets New Tattoo In Memory of Father Robin Williams
- Beyonce and Jay Z Reportedly Renew Their Marriage Vows
- 13 Mind-Blowing Moments From the First 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer
- More From ET