In the latest episode, Jack White took Colbert into the dressing room where they prep for the photo shoots that accompany the albums. White told Colbert that his suit wasn't going to work since he was working with The Black Belles.
"They're kind of gothy," White told him. "So I think you might need to go a little bit darker with your threads."
Most people would agree that venerable newsman Mike Wallace has been an extremely influential force in TV news. Even in his late eighties the man is still well-respected. It seems, though, that his influence has stretched beyond mere journalism. During an in-studio performance and interview, singer Jack White of the White Stripes revealed that he got the name for his new band, The Raconteurs, from an article about Mike Wallace. The article described Wallace as a "raconteur," which means a person skilled at telling anecdotes. White apparently liked how the name sounded, and thus his band had a name. What still remains a mystery is whether Wang Chung got their name from Connie Chung.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- Parks and Recreation Finale Recap: A Fresh Start
- Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on [Spoiler]'s Next Move, Bonnie's Lies, Tyler's Fate and More
- Exclusive Goldbergs Sneak Peek: Barry Translates Erica's Hysterical Blubbering
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- More From ET