Smith remembered being there for Fawcett as she struggled and ultimately succumbed to cancer in 2009. "She never gave up. She just had this relentless drive to conquer the disease," she said.
Carter would see many familiar faces at auditions, including Farrah Fawcett, Cheryl Ladd, Jaclyn Smith and Lindsay Wagner, including her 'Wonder Woman' audition. "We all ended up, for every part that came along, it was the same group of women," said Carter. "I walk in the room and I see them all sitting there, we go 'Hi.'"
Last week we reported that original 'Dallas' stars Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray had signed on for the update, and now we hear that producers are close to casting the pivotal role of Bobby and Pam Ewing's son, Christopher.
According to TVLine.com it's a two-horse race between Jesse Metcalfe and newcomer Alex Russell.
Producers say that the new 'Dallas' will focus on the next generation of the Ewing dynasty as they squabble over power, money and women. Josh Henderson has already signed on to play Christopher's cousin John Ross, with whom he and Jordana Brewster's character, Elena, become entangled in a love triangle.
Ann-Margret will appear in the same episode. TV Guide says that she'll play a woman who starred in commercials in the 1970s who gets involved in the case that Stabler and Benson are working on. Smith will play a detective involved in the same case. And if that's not enough beautiful TV women for you, what if we add Susan Anton and Morgan Fairchild to the mix? This episode is shaping up to be more 'Diagnosis: Murder' or 'Murder She Wrote' than 'Law & Order: SVU,' but it sounds like fun.
Well, I don't know if any episode of any 'Law & Order' show can be described as "fun," but this sounds like it could come close.
Perhaps that's jumping the gun, but it's still promising to hear that Jaclyn Smith will do a guest turn on 'Law & Order: SVU.' The actress, who'll never be more famous than she was as Kelly Garrett, one of the original 'Charlie's Angels,' gets to appear on the NBC show as a former police officer.
That's pretty ironic, too, because the whole twist about the 'Angels' is that they were frustrated as policewomen and Charlie plucked them out of going-nowhere careers fling papers and writing tickets to make them professional, private detectives in the thick of the action.
Get ready to lather, rinse and compete. The second season of SG will premiere on Wednesday June 25th at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo. Jaclyn Smith will host. Celebrity stylist Kim Vo and Allure editor Kelly Atterton will helm the judges table. Rene Fris will be back again as the contestants' mentor.
Shear Genius is the Bravo's first original series shot in high definition.
Find out what Wolf said and what's in store for next season on NBC and Bravo after the jump...
Bravo has been praising the successes of its freshmen reality competitions Top Design and Shear Genius for awhile now. So it comes as no surprise that the pair have been renewed for second seasons. This Yahoo! article also confirmed Jaclyn Smith will return to host the second run of Shear Genius, in which hairstylists compete for $100,000. Not clear yet is if Todd Oldham or any of the judges would be returning on Top Design, in which interior designers, architects and artists vie for $100,000. Of course, it doesn't mean they won't re-up, just that no one is saying yet.
The addition of Jaclyn Smith as host though, that's enough to get me to tune in at least once and give the show a try. She'll be joined on the show by celebrity hairstylist Sally Hershberger as the head judge. According to NBC, the contestants will "go head-to-head in creative challenges that require more than just talent with a comb and scissors." If you have seen Top Chef or Project Runway, I think you have an idea about how this one is going to go. Although, it's one thing to watch Vincent make a model look ridiculous for 2 minutes in his "crap glued on poster board" getup, it is a whole other deal to watch someone get their head mutilated by a contestant's artistic vision. The potential for cringe inducing comedy is high.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'Habeas Corpse'
- ?The Voice? Season 8: Top 20 Performance Rankings from the Knockout Rounds
- 'Hell's Kitchen' Prediction: Who Will Go Home in Week 5?
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- More From BuddyTV
- New Girl Renewed for Season 5 at Fox as John Cho Joins Guest Cast
- Sutton Foster Talks Playing Younger, Bunheads''Devastating' Final Bow
- Ratings: DWTS and Castle Tick Up; Scorpion, The Voice, Night Shift Slip
- Cougar Town: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons With the Cul-de-Sac Crew
- Henry Simmons Talks S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Captain America 2 Flashbacks, Mack vs. Coulson and Lucy Lawless' Encore
- More From TVLine
- Helen Mirren Talking With Helium Voice On 'The Tonight Show' Will Make Your Day
- Tara Reid Shows Off Her Super-Skinny Bikini Bod on the Beach
- Paula Patton Says She's 'Becoming an Adult' After Split from Robin Thicke
- Harvey Weinstein's Rep Says He'll Be 'Fully Vindicated' Against Claims He Groped a 22-Year-Old Woman
- Russell Crowe Says Michael Jackson Pranked Called Him for Years
- More From ET