Hatch's sister is saying that the reason why Hatch is in jail is because of the interview with Matt Lauer. There are no details yet on why he would be sent to jail because he talked to someone on a morning talk show (he did the interview from his home so he wasn't violating his home-confinement sentence) but his sister says that when the police came to take him, that's the reason the officer gave.
Hatch said in an interview today on Today that the court system in the United States is set up to be against gays, and he believes that if he was heterosexual he wouldn't have gone to jail. Hatch is currently out of prison and confined to his home. He's getting out on October 7 but wants to be released now.
She was put in jail partly because of her behavior on the show, but if this "aspiring actress" was just acting, what does that mean for the case?
[via TV Tattle]
VH1 offers the following as reasons why Hulk has not paid his bills: "Is he short on cash? Probably not. Is he planning to hit the slammer intentionally to protect little Nick? No way. Or could it be that he's trying to cut off Linda's cash flow so that she can't lavish any more gifts on her 19-year-old boy toy? Bingo!!"
In the privacy of our homes, we're doing something that would shock our friends and horrify our relatives.
We're watching ... 'Moonlight.' And 'Hannah Montana.' And sometimes, even 'I Love New York.'
Yep, we admit it. It's time to 'fess up and reveal our top 20 guilty pleasures on TV right now. You'll watch and love them (in secret) too.
E! execs said they had hoped that all the mayhem surrounding her stupid stint in jail would garner interest in the show. One exec thinks that people are more interested in what's going on with Paris Hilton right now, rather than what she's doing on a contrived "reality" show. I'm hoping the real reason is that she has finally outstayed her welcome. Over-saturated the market, if you will.
The low ratings mean that E! is seriously considering not bringing back The Simple Life for a fifth season. Hallelujah!
MSNBC anchor Mika Brzezinski came really close to flipping out on air the other day when her producers kept placing the Paris Hilton story as her lead during the Morning Joe show. She was egged on/patronized by Joe Scarborough and his preppy-looking sidekick.
As you'll see in the video I placed after the jump, Mika starts out really pissed off and then starts to stage a coup on air.
Did you see Paris Hilton on Larry King Live last night? Here's the transcript. Jeez, she really did nothing to help her cause, eh? She seems honestly, sincerely, and deeply clueless. And as a guy, I don't even find her hot or appealing. She has the personality of a wicker chair. I found all of her talk about wanting to help people and learning her lesson and "reading the Bible" completely unconvincing.
After the jump is a roundup of what the internet is saying today about her appearance.
Previously, the New York Post had claimed NBC had outbid ABC for the interview, but NBC News denies this, saying they have never paid for an interview and never will. Still, other networks remain skeptical since Hilton's people have allegedly told them that NBC's Today already has the first interview locked down between Hilton and Meredith Vieira.
I always look forward to what Christopher Hitchens has to say. I don't always agree with him (for example, his Vanity Fair piece saying that female comedians aren't funny was just stooopid), but he's an intelligent guy and always has a unique take on politics, history, and culture. And now he has written an article for Slate on the Paris Hilton case.
Should he even be writing about someone like the Simple Life star, when he himself admits that the case has been covered way too much? He confronts this paradox, but I still wonder if he succeeds in defending his choice to write about her (though I don't really think he needs to defend it).
But the piece is interesting. Hitchens admits he has seen the Hilton sex video, says he doesn't like Sarah Silverman (big shock), and thinks that the treatment Hilton is getting "stinks" and that she should be left to live the life she has been given.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- I was hoping Paris Hilton would hit rock bottom in jail and have some kind of life-changing epiphany. Instead, she's serving the rest of her sentence from home.
- Dina Lohan is reportedly a liar, on top of many other things. One thing she's not is a former Rockette.
- If you're hiding from the law, maybe don't appear on MTV's My Super Sweet 16. Just an idea.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- is Jordin Sparks severely overweight? MeMe Roth says yes, but Jordin's fans say no... and threaten to kill Roth for saying such a thing.
- Paris Hilton is finally in jail, and (gasp) with only one picture to prove it.
- Stephen Baldwin is Ty Murray's Celebrity Bullriding Challenge's first victim.
I know most of you have been kept awake at night by disturbing thoughts that there just might not be enough reality television. Thankfully, the folks over at the FOX-owned MyNetworkTV have heard your cries in the night and are developing some new (and not so new) reality shows.
First, the short-lived NBC series Meet my Folks is coming back with the same format of parents deciding who their children should date.
There's also Jail, a new series from John Langley, the creator of Cops. As the name suggests, this series will look at life in prisons all over the United States.
Since I write about the TV industry, it's impossible for me to avoid this whole "Paris Hilton prison thing" no matter how hard I try.
According to a recent report, Hilton is "distraught" about serving her sentence. I'm not quite sure why that's news. It seems to me that every single person ever sentenced to prison was probably pretty upset about it. If the headline had read, "Paris Hilton Thrilled About Going to Prison," that would be something worth reading, I would imagine. I'd certainly stop and pick up that issue in the checkout lane.
Today on TV Squad Daily: Deep thoughts on shallow subjects.
- Next week, you can bid on clothes worn by your favorite American Idol, for charity. It works like this: stars donate clothes so the public will donate money.
- Paris Hilton needs jail. Not for punishment, but to solve her impending identity crisis.
- America, and NBC, is sick of The Apprentice.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- 'Nashville' Recap: How Much Longer Can Will Keep His Secret?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Bugging Out
- More From BuddyTV
- Here's What Renee Zellweger Told ET About Plastic Surgery -- Back in 2002
- S Club 7 Makes Our Dreams Come True With Reunion News
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- More From ET