-- We remember Brittany Murphy and the unique spirit she brought to her most memorable roles.
-- The details surrounding Murphy's death of cardiac arrest yesterday at the age of 32 are still developing. The LAPD has launched an investigation and an autopsy is underway.
More headlines after the jump.
'Avatar' is everywhere! Check out what Inside Movies has to say about the film. After all the waiting and all the hype, find out how James Cameron's first film since 'Titanic' measures up!
While you're at it, why not brief yourself on some James Cameron trivia; after all, he's one of the most prolific and distinctive directors of our time. Find out everything you didn't know about Cameron.
First, check out the overview of all the nominees, then don't forget to see our extensive coverage and analysis of specific categories.
We also round up stars' reactions to the nominations and one critic looks at the process and influence of the Globes on the Academy Awards.
Also on Inside Movies today:
There's a list of the 15 Worst Christmas Movies Ever. Ah, 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.' Gotta love it.
Speaking of time, this is about the worst time to try and thrust new television and film technology on consumers. Aren't we still in the middle of this transition to digital broadcasts, HDTV and Blu-Ray? Now you're telling us we should buy new HDTVs and new Blu-Ray players that support 3D technology? Oh, and we'll need those cool 3D glasses, too.
There's a few problems with this. 3D was going to revolutionize the movies in the '80s. It didn't happen. It's supposed to be "going to revolutionize" movies right now, but it's not happening.
Even though TV Squad's very own John Scott Lewinski is fighting his way through hordes of overweight Rorschachs and pre-pubescent Chun Lis to get exclusive interviews and scoops on the newest TV news at the San Diego Comic Con, don't forget that our partners-in-crime from Cinematical are also there covering the latest flim-flam in film.
The movie side of the annual pop-culture cavalcade opened with one of the biggest names in the history of film and what could very well be one of the biggest names in the future of film. Director James Cameron screened a solid 25 minutes of his forthcoming sci-fi epic Avatar. Blogger Todd Gilchrist got a hint of the plot and special effects movie-goers can expect when the film hits theaters later this year and said it "promises to be both hugely entertaining and technically groundbreaking." Man, that's got me worried. That's what they also said about Titanic.
One of the better benefits of this job is that I can sometimes see television shows in advance of their premiere. This time around I was given an advance DVD of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles which contained the first two episodes ("Pilot" and "Gnothi Seauton"). I'm a fan of the franchise, although admittedly I wasn't that big a fan of Terminator 3.
This show is done by the same company that was behind Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and the upcoming Terminator 4. It was originally to be titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I guess the creators were concerned that nobody would recognize the franchise without the word "Terminator". Such title ambiguity did not hurt Smallville, but I digress.
TV Squad already did a script review of the pilot, but what follows is a review of the finished product.
Major spoilers after the jump...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Voice' Live Blog: The Top 10 Perform
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Spring Break and the Team Dances
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.20 Photos: Castiel Helps the Novaks
- 'Gotham' Recap: The Ogre Targets Barbara
- More From BuddyTV
- Scorpion Finale Recap: Bird's-Eye View
- The Originals Post Mortem: EP Explains [Spoiler]'s Death, Klaus' New Position
- Empire Promotes Pair to Series Regular
- Report: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spinoff to Star Adrianne Palicki & Nick Blood
- New Girl First Look: Schmidt Covers Fawn's Behind, Coach Preps to Go
- More From TVLine
- William Shatner Remembers Leonard Nimoy: 'I Never Had a Friend Like That'
- Randy Travis Marries Fiancée 2 Years After Stroke
- Did Drake Just Congratulate Nicki Minaj on Her Engagement?
- From the Battlefield to the Ballroom: Noah Galloway's Inspirational Journey to 'DWTS'
- From ‘Surreal Life' to Laverne Cox's ‘Diddy' Breakout: 9 Reality TV Shows Starring Transgender People
- More From ET