It seems that everything is being released on DVD these days. Not just shows from the 50s and short-lived shows like The Adventures of Brisco County and Profit and many others. But there are many shows you'll never see on TV, because they're too obscure, don't have enough fan base, wouldn't be worth it financially, and/or just don't have any "buzz" to make it worth releasing by the studio. Now, I've been surprised before. I'm still shocked that Riptide made it to DVD. But I'm pretty confident we won't see the five shows below on DVD. Which is a shame, because they're five of my favorites.
In fact, if any of these shows are released on DVD (whole seasons, not an odd episode thrown on another DVD), I'll run naked through Central Park while eating a chicken salad sandwich and singing the theme song from Fame.
So, raise your hands: who remembers this show? It lasted for a whopping two episodes (a two hour pilot and another episode). They ran the two episodes in 1992, and then the next episode was pre-empted by some major breaking news (can't remember what), and then the show was never seen again! But oh, was it good.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Problem with 'The Muppets' and How to Fix It
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: What Happens When Vance Rides Along with Gibbs?
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.5 Photos: Abby Becomes a Hostage When She Leaves Her Lab
- 'Fargo' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Murder in a Small Town (Again)
- 'Castle' Recap: Beckett Gets Closer to the Truth
- More From BuddyTV
- First Bones/Sleepy Hollow Crossover Photo: Ichabod and Brennan Confer and It's So. Awesomely. Weird.
- Ratings: Blindspot Rises in Week 4
- Walking Dead Boss Reveals Why Rick and Jessie Haven't Had Sex Yet
- Ratings: Walking Dead Scares Up Least Watched Premiere in 3 Years
- HTGAWM Sneak Peek: Annalise Is 'Not a Woman Who Gets Afraid'— Until Now
- More From TVLine
- Caitlyn Jenner Praises Her 'Tough' Mother After Revealing Esther Broke Both Her Hips
- EXCLUSIVE: Carey Mulligan Addresses 'Suffragette' Slave T-Shirt Controversy
- Selena Gomez, Rihanna and The Weeknd Will Perform at Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- EXCLUSIVE: 'iZombie' Sneak Peek: Liv on Frat Boy Brains Is the Funniest Thing You'll See All Day!
- Emilia Clarke Poses Nude, Named 'Esquire Sexiest Woman Alive 2015'
- More From ET