This time, 10 potential queens will be competing in the horror film boot camp for a role in 'Saw VII 3D,' the next installment of the sanguinary, seemingly never-ending franchise. Season 1 winner Tanedra Howard won the role of Simone in 'Saw VI.' Some of last season's more interesting challenges included: "campy 'The Brain that Wouldn't Die'-inspired Bodiless Scene," "Final girl speech in a pool of blood" and "seductive vampiress scene."
When I was preparing for my Nathan Fillion interview, I knew that I had a big responsibility: people love this guy. I mean love-- in a slightly disturbing way. So I reached out. I went on Facebook and Twitter and asked people what they wanted me to ask him, so I would get the fewest number of Firefly fans pissed off at me as possible. Luckily, the questions submitted were mostly along the lines of, "will he impregnate me?", so I wasn't too worried about not asking something someone was dying to know.
"Hey, I've got a quick question for you: How long do you think this 'internet' fad will really go?" But before I could ask a single question, that's how Nathan Fillion starts our interview. "Um, you know, I think it's on it's way out. I give it a month, maybe two at the most." I could understand where he was coming from. I was just one in a long line of reporters he was talking to today, so he has to keep himself interested somehow. Why not joke around with me about the fall of the internet?
Jenna has slowly been on the mend since the May 14th accident. She has been in a lot of pain and has not been able to travel back home to Los Angeles (she's in NYC). She's been taking slow walks in Central Park to try and heal her back. Jenna says she has received warm wishes from cast members of The Office, and even got some cupcakes from Zach Braff, who happened to be at the party where she fell.
Luckily, Jenna had just wrapped shooting a movie with John C. Reilly where they play a skewed version of Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash so it's just her summer vacation, and not her work schedule, that is being interrupted. Jenna has to rest and recover for the next 12 weeks, and then it's right back to the set of The Office. You can send her your well wishes at her MySpace page.
The Office has wrapped for the season so her injury won't hamper her role as Pam Beesly, but it's going to be a crappy summer for sweet Jenna.
Another celebrity story from Paul Davidson in Los Angeles. Really, he should start a separate blog of just celebrity sightings and encounters. (Oh oh, I think I just gave him an idea - Paul, I get a percentage, OK?).
This time Davidson sits near Jenna Fischer of The Office and pretty much overhears the entire interview she did with a health and fitness magazine. Fischer hasn't been a star long enough to start using the "I'm a star in public voice," that low voice a celeb uses when they're in public so no one can hear what they're saying.
Among the little tidbits that he learned about Fischer: she wants the kinds of roles that Christina Applegate gets, she's a supportive wife to her husband (screenwriter James Gunn), she likes working with everyone on the show, and she likes water.
It always hurts me to write sentences like "she's a supportive wife to her husband" when talking about Fischer, because that just reminds me that I'll never have a chance with her.
Can I tell you how much of a crush I have on Jenna Fischer? That's another post for another time.
Entertainment Weekly has an interview with The Office star, where she talks about her struggling actor days (she always seemed to play waitresses and teachers and secretaries), her husband, director James Gunn (she's married? Damn it!), and what if feels like to watch Jim flirting with the woman at the other Dunder-Mifflin branch. But the most interesting part of the interview, and it's only quickly mentioned and not talked about further, is that Fischer revealing that she auditioned for the role of agent Sydney Bristow on Alias, but didn't get the gig because, even though she was good, she wasn't "hot" enough.
Well, Jennifer Garner was great in the role, but wouldn't it have been great to see Sydney make little cute faces toward the camera and play jokes on Sloane?
Without putting too much thought into it, here are a few of my faves (and my list shows a far inferior knowledge of television):
- Claire Huxtable, The Cosby Show, the perfect balance of cool mom, tough love mom and working mom;
- Elaine, Seinfeld, for being one of the guys;
- David Brent, The Office (British version), because he's wickedly, uncomfortably funny;
- Capt. Mal Reynolds, Firefly, for being a funny, loving man underneath a thick shell of mean;
- Fox Mulder, The X-Files, for not giving a rat's ass what others think and believing in the wholly unbelievable;
- Dana Scully, The X-Files, for being the perfect complement to Mulder.
[Via Pop Candy]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'RHONYC' Star Sonja Morgan Not Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- Will 'Bachelorette' Couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth Get Their Own Spinoff Series?
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 1 Finale Recap: Elliot Searches For a Missing Tyrell
- More From BuddyTV
- Mr. Robot Creator Says Finale's Big Reveal 'Is the Heart of Future Seasons,' Names the Scenes That Wowed Him
- Paula Deen? Kim Zolciak? A 'Vine Star'?! Does DWTS Need a Time-Out?
- Vampire Diaries' Candice King Teases 'Badass' Caroline in Season 7, Talks 'Funny' Steroline Baby Theories
- Ron Perlman Talks Hand of God's Take on Faith, Sons of Anarchy Series Finale: 'When I Was Done, I Was Done'
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- More From TVLine
- Fox & ABC Family Get 'Excellent' Rating From GLAAD for Network Responsibility
- Danica Dillon Shares Explicit New Allegations of Violent Sex With Josh Duggar
- 7 'Tonight Show' Moments That Made Us Love Justin Bieber All Over Again
- Judge Joe Brown on 5-Day Prison Sentence: It's Like a 'Slave Warehouse'
- Inside 'Little Family' Stars Terra & Joe's Wedding
- More From ET