On Wednesday, I reported that James Pickens let slip that Heigl and Knight were leaving Grey's Anatomy. Yeah, that's not true, according to Shonda Rhimes. Rhimes says that rumors spread as fact and that Pickens' words were taken out of context. Heigl and Knight are not leaving Grey's Anatomy, and that's a fact, again, according to Rhimes. Do I smell a cover (your ass) up, Shonda?
The original rumor stated that it wasn't a done deal because they were trying to negotiate story arcs for the characters for next season. That's a pretty detailed fact to be "just a rumor," if you ask me.
It will be very interesting to see what actually does take place when all is said and done. I'm exhausted, and I'm really starting to wonder if I'll ever care as much about Izzie and George in proportion to the amount of will-they-won't-they that has gone on.
Just when the whole Isaiah Washington big-mouth scandal and subsequent firing finally blows over, we begin hearing rumors that T.R. Knight is going to be let go. Then we are assured that isn't the case, only to hear that Knight is very vocal in begging to be let go.
Katherine Heigl couldn't let Knight get all the limelight, though; it started with her obnoxious behavior when she pulled her name for consideration of an Emmy nomination, blaming the writers for her crappy storylines. Then it morphed to her sleeping-with-the-dead-guy storyline (she asked for it!) which only made us think more about Izzie leaving the show with a fatal condition. We know you think you're better than TV, Katherine, now shut up about it.
There was one typo, however For some reason, Marc Cherry was listed on the producers' list; sure, he's Desperate Housewives' top exec, but the man should have been put on the talent tip sheet, too. He knows how to tease a season and entertain a table full of reporters like no other!
Cherry gave the scoop on new characters played by Dana Delany and Nathan Fillion -- also, a preview of what's ahead for the other ladies of Wisteria Lane.
It really does feel like this season is shaping up the same way last year did, doesn't it? We're back from the long holiday break and the folks at Seattle Grace are right back where we left off in November; George is dealing with his dad's health problems, Cristina and Burke aren't speaking to each other; Meredith is dealing with her dad's other family and what that means for her; and Alex and Addison are dancing around the fact that they're kind of sweet on each other.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- Ratings: Grimm Hits Low, Cristela Slips, Hart of Dixie Finale Flat
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Jane the Virgin, Forever and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings
- More From TVLine
- Iggy Azalea and Jennifer Hudson are 'Trouble' at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards
- 6 Favorite Moments from the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Arrivals
- 7 of the Coolest Moments From the New 'Spectre' Trailer
- Angelina Jolie Shows Up at Kids' Choice Awards with Daughters, Wins Best Villain
- More From ET