On Wednesday, I reported that James Pickens let slip that Heigl and Knight were leaving Grey's Anatomy. Yeah, that's not true, according to Shonda Rhimes. Rhimes says that rumors spread as fact and that Pickens' words were taken out of context. Heigl and Knight are not leaving Grey's Anatomy, and that's a fact, again, according to Rhimes. Do I smell a cover (your ass) up, Shonda?
The original rumor stated that it wasn't a done deal because they were trying to negotiate story arcs for the characters for next season. That's a pretty detailed fact to be "just a rumor," if you ask me.
It will be very interesting to see what actually does take place when all is said and done. I'm exhausted, and I'm really starting to wonder if I'll ever care as much about Izzie and George in proportion to the amount of will-they-won't-they that has gone on.
Just when the whole Isaiah Washington big-mouth scandal and subsequent firing finally blows over, we begin hearing rumors that T.R. Knight is going to be let go. Then we are assured that isn't the case, only to hear that Knight is very vocal in begging to be let go.
Katherine Heigl couldn't let Knight get all the limelight, though; it started with her obnoxious behavior when she pulled her name for consideration of an Emmy nomination, blaming the writers for her crappy storylines. Then it morphed to her sleeping-with-the-dead-guy storyline (she asked for it!) which only made us think more about Izzie leaving the show with a fatal condition. We know you think you're better than TV, Katherine, now shut up about it.
There was one typo, however For some reason, Marc Cherry was listed on the producers' list; sure, he's Desperate Housewives' top exec, but the man should have been put on the talent tip sheet, too. He knows how to tease a season and entertain a table full of reporters like no other!
Cherry gave the scoop on new characters played by Dana Delany and Nathan Fillion -- also, a preview of what's ahead for the other ladies of Wisteria Lane.
It really does feel like this season is shaping up the same way last year did, doesn't it? We're back from the long holiday break and the folks at Seattle Grace are right back where we left off in November; George is dealing with his dad's health problems, Cristina and Burke aren't speaking to each other; Meredith is dealing with her dad's other family and what that means for her; and Alex and Addison are dancing around the fact that they're kind of sweet on each other.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Penny Dreadful' Season 2 Finale Recap: Vanessa Faces Evelyn for the Final Time
- 'True Detective' Recap: Is Velcoro Alive or Dead?
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: 2 Female HoHs and 2 Female Targets
- The 3 Biggest Differences Between 'True Detective' Season 1 and Season 2
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Where Does Everyone Stand in Week 2?
- More From BuddyTV
- Penny Dreadful Season Finale Recap: Blood, Threat and Tears
- Food Network Star Recap: A Thin Line Between Love and Hate
- True Detective Recap: Faking It
- Fall TV: Good Wife vs. Don Johnson, and Sunday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Quotes of the Week From Teen Wolf, Complications, Rookie Blue and More!
- More From TVLine
- Miss USA Still Looking for a New Host
- Margot Robbie Rocks 'Suicide Squad' Costume, Celebrates B-Day with Harley Quinn Cake
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Inside Vanessa Williams' Stunningly Classy Wedding
- U.S. Women's National Soccer Team Wins Record-Setting Third World Cup, America Rejoices!
- Demi Lovato Falls Hard During Pool Party Performance
- More From ET