Well, did you watch it? Last night CBS boldly went where no network has gone before... and it kind of sucked. That's too bad. As someone who counts himself as a fan of MMA, I had high hopes for the big debut. But then, I knew going in that it was an iffy proposition. They try hard, but the Elite XC is still far from the cream of the MMA crop. For the prime time debut, it really would have been nice if this could have been a big UFC event. Heck, even the WEC with that Uriah Faber vs Jens Pulver (VS tonight at 6PM PST) match would have been preferable.
Despite the lack of big name talent, the show still had a shot. Great fights can make up for a lot of shortcomings, and this one had a lot of them to be made up for. To start, the production left a lot to be desired. For example, if you are promising the fans big time fighting, get to it already. It took a full 25 minutes before the first match started. Worse than that, given the way the first two matches played out, fans were left with just over two minutes of actual fighting in the first hour of the show. I was left thinking that the most exciting thing about the first hour was the commercial for Street Fighter IV. Not a good sign.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Blacklist Season 2 Trailer Teases Red Vs. Berlin Showdown
- Grey's Anatomy: April's Mom Is Coming to Town — But There's a Twist!
- Fashion Police to Continue Without Joan Rivers; E! Announces Return Date
- The Voice Season 7 Coaches Hit the Road in New 'Topless' Promo Image
- Witches of East End's Rachel Boston on Ingrid's Killer Twist: What's Next?
- More From TVLine
- Hundreds of People Lined Up Outside Ravens Stadium Today to Exchange Ray Rice Jerseys
- Beyonce & Jay Z's Best & Worst Fashion Moments
- Shonda Rhimes Slams 'New York Times' Article for Calling Her an 'Angry Black Woman'
- The 17 Most Gratuitous Butt Shots in Jennifer Lopez's ''Booty'' Music Video
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Sneak Peek: Watch the First Group Dinner of Season 8!
- More From ET