Jennifer Beals Joins 'Castle' For Two-Parter, Lisa Rinna Returning to 'Days of Our Lives' and More Casting News
Beals, who viewers last saw in 'The Chicago Code,' will appear in two episodes of the ABC drama as Sophia Conrad, "a smart, commanding and sexy CIA operative," TV Guide reports.
Beals' character has a past with Richard Castle and joins him and Beckett to search for a CIA agent who has gone rogue. The rogue agent is a key suspect in a murder case Beckett and Castle are trying to solve.
Beals' episodes will air as a two-parter in February.
In other casting news ...
(S06E08) "I'm glad you finally admit the last five years of your life were all fantasy provided by me." - Ari
Because I've been such a big proponent of this season (despite what I'm about to say, I still say this has been the best season since the third), I'm starting to think that everything has been a fantasy up until this point when it comes to Entourage.
There are so many solid plots going on this season and every time I think that something big is gonna happen, it falls flat and leaves me disappointed.
(S06E06) "Listen, from here on, I swear, if one of my friends so much as jerks off, you're gonna be the first to know." - Ari
I don't want this review to come off sounding like I'm annoyed with how this season of Entourage has gone (so far, it's already better than last season and I loved this episode), but I really don't see what direction it's headed in.
Going into this season, there was a lot of speculation that landing a role in Marty Scorsese's latest flick would finally nab Vince the attention, and Oscar, he's been longing for. After the premiere, where all we heard was how amazing Gatsby was, there hasn't been a single mention of that plot. Instead we're getting a lot of smaller mini-arcs that just don't seem to tie together.
(S06E02) "Who would've thought I'd be the only one guaranteed to have sex tonight?!?" - Turtle
I know I've said it before, but one of the things that I've always loved about Entourage is how the writers behind the show seem to have this uncanny knack for re-creating exact conversations that I've had with my friends before. I know I'm not the only one out there who's had a laugh with their buddies trying to figure out how exactly did Seth Rogan get laid in Knocked Up? When Turtle made his final point ("His ugliness is oddly fascinating."), it was like deja-vu for me.
Then they went and killed the moment when Vince got that nudie pic of Sloan's friend. That never happens to me or my friends.
I've only seen one episode of Reba. Didn't care for it much. But I truly loved Still Standing. Next to Boy Meets World, it's probably the most underappreciated sitcom in TV history.
Lifetime has bought the rights to both shows, and will start airing them today. They've been advertising the shows as airing at 5pm (Still Standing) and 5:30 (Reba), but they are also on in the daytime as well. The network will air two episodes of Still Standing at noon (Will and Grace moves to 11am) and then two episodes of Reba at 1pm.
Lifetime has also started airing repeats of Desperate Housewives, Saturdays at 11pm.
The fourth and, most likely, final season of Still Standing comes to an end tonight in two half-hour episodes on CBS, according to USA Today. While CBS hasn't officially canceled the sitcom, which was the 93rd-ranked show this season, the producers and writers had no illusions that they probably wouldn't return, so they handled the season finale as if it were the final episode for the series. Since the show lasted four seasons, with 88 episodes, it qualifies for syndication.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9: First Impressions of Desiree's 25 Men
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- ?Dancing with the Stars?: The 20 Best Dances of Season 16
- 'Graceland' Photos: Meet the Cast
- Teen Choice Awards 2013 Nominations: 'The Vampire Diaries' Lead TV
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Homeland' Season 3 adds eight new guest stars, upgrades two to regulars
- Former 'Idol' contestants might judge next season's 'American Idol'
- 'Teen Mom 3' premiere date revealed - Cast makes fun of Farrah Abraham
- 'Bad Teacher' joins CBS comedy line-up with 13 episode order
- 'MasterChef' Season 4: Joe Bastianich doesn't 'want to be accused of killing some cats'
- More From Zap2it
- Fall TV Scoop: CBS Orders Bad Teacher to Series
- Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- Billy Crystal to Headline FX's Comedians Pilot
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: The 5 Best Auditions From Los Angeles and Austin
- More From TVLine