Among many announcements from TNT at upfront week was the stated goal to dramatically increase original content. The network aims to eventually reach 80% original content, with plans for three original nights a week by 2010. How are they going to reach those goals? With cops. Lots and lots of cops.
We've already heard about the new Donnie Wahlberg DEA series, Morse Code. Three other cop shows are in development at the network, including Delta Blues, from executive producer George Clooney, which follows the story of a Memphis cop who does a little Elvis impersonating on the side. 24 co-creator Joel Surnow is also joining the TNT family with an as yet untitled series built around an ATF agent. Finishing off the law enforcement party is Angel City. Written by L.A. cop Will Beall and Barry Schindel, Angel City is being compared to Adam-12. Read on past the jump for the less cuff-heavy goings on over at TNT.
"Showdown at the UN Corral": At the UN General Assembly, Bush and Iran's Ahmadinejad had a face-to-face showdown without actually coming face-to-face. Bush also seemed to get some, uh, interesting reactions from representatives from certain countries during his speech.
- Charlie Rose: Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck and Sherwin Nuland
- The Late Show With David Letterman: Teri Hatcher, Elvis Costello, and Jonah Hill
- Jay Leno: Jamie Foxx, Jimmy Fallon, Peter Bjorn & John
- Jimmy Kimmel Live: Geoffrey Rush, Mary Lynn Rajskub, and Linkin Park
- Tavis Smiley: Luke Wilson and Marina Nemat
- Late Night With Conan O'Brien: Luke Wilson, Oscar Nunez, and Blonde Redhead
- The Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Gina Gerson, Dan Naturman, and The Exies
- Last Call With Carson Daly: Jerry Bruckheimer and Delores O'Riordan
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'The Gift'
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Leaves Rehab for Daughter's Wedding
- Britt Nilsson Still Dating 'Bachelorette' Suitor Brady Toops?
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson: 'I Don't Want to Look Like a Plastic Barbie Doll'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Gets What She Deserves
- More From BuddyTV
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- More From TVLine