(S04E15) We're back again with yet another episode where the bulk of the team gets to hit the showers early. I'm sure that's an unfortunate decision to some. On the bright side though, this wasn't just your normal, average, every day stand alone episode. We got a nice tie-in to "Miller's Crossing," a good dose of back story for Sheppard, the return of a familiar face, and guest star Kari Wuhrer.
(S04E10) We've all been waiting for it since October, and this week we got the return of Dr. Weir. Kind of. If that wasn't enough to capture your interest, the SciFi channel was also running promos all week letting you know that this was the last episode of 2007. Surely they wouldn't go into the break without a big episode, right? Kind of.
(S04E05) The folks over at Stargate HQ are having a good week. First, Atlantis gets picked up for a twenty episode season five, and then they finish it off by heading into their weekend with another very good episode. It was, for the most part, another stand-alone offering, but we did get some hints at a couple things in the future. If that wasn't enough for you, they also had the good sense to hire Jill Wagner for a guest spot. My TV is better with more Jill Wagner on it.
(S04E02) I've been a fan of Atlantis from the beginning, but then I've been a fan of a boatload of shows that nobody watched. So, with SG-1 ending I was a little concerned over whether or not the little brother was ready to stand on its own. Even as it wound down in the uneven final season, being paired up with SG-1 is still a better match than sharing schedule space with Flash Gordon. Two episodes into Atlantis' big adventure though, I think the show is going to be just fine.
(S03E19) This is more of what I have been waiting for as the season winds down for the Atlantis team. Here is an arc with a good enemy that builds nicely on the overall Atlantis story. I love the decision to bring back Michael. That's partly just because I like Connor Trinneer (Enterprise), but mostly because the story of Michael, and what the Atlantis team did to him, is very interesting.
i no! n did u hear bout teyla n shep!?!
Good grief. I'm just not sure what all of that even was. The one thing that has been nagging at me a little bit regarding Atlantis is that there have been too many unrelated, stand-alone, episodes. It's a problem that big brother SG-1 shares. It's a minor complaint though, because a lot of these episodes have actually been pretty good. "The Tao of Rodney" and "The Game" were both very fun. And "The Ark" had an interesting story behind it. With the season winding down though, it's high time for a multiple episode arc with a little more meat to it.
This wasn't it. A lot of this just left me scratching my head. From Teyla hinting about some mystery guy, to Dr. Weir and her When Harry Met Sally flirtation with Mike, to Rodney's bumbling marriage discussion with Katie. I think that there is room for some kind of a romantic story in Atlantis, but this was too much too fast. Especially when you consider what was the big story of the episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Problem with 'The Muppets' and How to Fix It
- [Videos] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: What Happens When Vance Rides Along with Gibbs?
- 'NCIS' Episode 13.5 Photos: Abby Becomes a Hostage When She Leaves Her Lab
- 'Fargo' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Murder in a Small Town (Again)
- 'Castle' Recap: Beckett Gets Closer to the Truth
- More From BuddyTV
- First Bones/Sleepy Hollow Crossover Photo: Ichabod and Brennan Confer and It's So. Awesomely. Weird.
- Ratings: Blindspot Rises in Week 4
- Walking Dead Boss Reveals Why Rick and Jessie Haven't Had Sex Yet
- Ratings: Walking Dead Scares Up Least Watched Premiere in 3 Years
- HTGAWM Sneak Peek: Annalise Is 'Not a Woman Who Gets Afraid'— Until Now
- More From TVLine
- Caitlyn Jenner Praises Her 'Tough' Mother After Revealing Esther Broke Both Her Hips
- EXCLUSIVE: Carey Mulligan Addresses 'Suffragette' Slave T-Shirt Controversy
- Selena Gomez, Rihanna and The Weeknd Will Perform at Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- EXCLUSIVE: 'iZombie' Sneak Peek: Liv on Frat Boy Brains Is the Funniest Thing You'll See All Day!
- Emilia Clarke Poses Nude, Named 'Esquire Sexiest Woman Alive 2015'
- More From ET