EW reports Alan Dale -- aka Charles Widmore, a one-time inhabitant of the Island and Ben Linus' nemesis -- will guest star as a former member of the German Stasi secret police. Look for Dale to appear in the eighth episode of the drama series.
Michael Emerson and Jim Caviezel star in the new action show.
In other casting news ...
Even before I caught Twilight on the big screen, I was comparing it to Roswell, the great teen sci-fi/romance series that aired on The WB (and later
It's not exactly the most original story in the world. This sort of thing goes back to Bram Stoker's Dracula, (and probably further back than that). Still, after watching Twilight, I was a bit shocked by its similarities to Roswell, especially since Roswell wasn't half as popular as Twilight. I haven't read the Twilight or Roswell book series, so I can't tell you if the similarities persist in print (but my friend Stephanie can). I can only compare the big screen and TV versions.
From major plot points to character motivations, these two franchises have a lot in common, but one clearly stands above the other. Let's compare, and you'll see what I mean:
We're far enough removed from Buffy's original run now that there really aren't any surprises left for most of us. By this point we've seen the episodes so many times through DVD, streaming, and syndication that the story has been told. There's still something to be gained from watching again, though.
A little water under the bridge has given all of those bit-part actors that were once feeling lucky to book a Buffy gig a chance to move on to bigger and better things. I'm still occasionally surprised when I catch an old Buffy and realize just who that is standing in the background. After the jump, nine of my favorite small part players from Buffy that went on to bigger successes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'Second Sons'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Week 10 Preview: The Final 4 Dance It Off
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Reggie Bush Won't Congratulate Kim, Ellen Pearson Claims Kardashians Have No Case
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Sex, Drugs and Advertising
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' Finale Recap: Vegas vs. Nashville
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Mad Men' Season 6 episode 8 recap 'The Crash': Ranking Don, Sally, Stan, Peggy and more on the happiness index
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 3 episode 8 recap: 'Second Sons'
- Miguel slams woman's head into stage during Billboard Music Awards performance
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' winner: Trace Adkins or Penn Jillette, who took home the prize?
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Monday: Bates Motel, Five-0 and Four Other Finales, Goodwin Games On and More
- Mad Men Recap: Just What the Doctor Ordered
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Recognizing the Good, the Bad and The Biebs
- Game of Thrones Recap: Wedding-Bell Booze
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- More From TVLine