On April 10, the channel will air back-to-back movies from the screen legend, including 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,' 'Butterfield 8' and 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?' beginning at 6AM.
Taylor died today from congestive heart failure. She was 79.
In other TV news ...
• 'Law & Order' star S. Epatha Merkerson is going from the law to medicine in a new CBS pilot. The actress will play the administrative assistant to Patrick Wilson's surgeon character. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Lauren Graham's Sarah Braverman will get yet another new love interest, this time played by Steven Weber. The actor has booked a guest spot on 'Parenthood''s season finale, with the potential to return next season. [TV Line]
• Soon, Netflix subscribers won't be able to stream current seasons of Showtime series anymore. The network said it will still make past seasons and old shows available. [Deadline]
He'll play Henry Detmer, the acting CEO of Themyscira Industries and an uncle-like figure to Adrianne Palicki's Diana Prince who could potentially turn into a love interest, according to Deadline.
Meanwhile, TV Line reports that Becki Newton, one of pilot season's most sought-after stars, has signed on for the Fox comedy pilot formerly known as 'Home Grown.' The casting is in second position to her as-yet-unaired NBC series, 'Love Bites.'
Jim Cavizel, also known as Mel Gibson's Jesus in 'The Passion of the Christ,' has booked the leading role in the J.J. Abrams/Jonah Nolan pilot 'Person of Interest,' according to Vulture. He joins the already-cast Taraji P. Henson and Michael Emerson.
In other TV news ...
• 'Greek' alum Scott Michael Foster is getting around. The actor, who recently booked an arc on 'Parenthood,' will appear on ABC Family's 'Melissa & Joey' for three episodes as a potential love interest for Melissa Joan Hart. [TV Line]
• NBC's Don Johnson pilot, 'A Mann's World,' has cast another actress. Caitlin Crosby joins Taylor Kinney and Kelly Hu in the series about a fiftysomething Beverly Hills hairdresser. [THR]
• Despite two of the 'Off the Map' leads booking roles in an NBC pilot, one of their costars says the show has a 50/50 chance of coming back for a second season. "Five percent of the shows are out-of-the-box hits, 5 percent are canceled on arrival, and 90 percent of shows, which is where we are, ride the bubble. And it's all on how the fans respond, you know. Like, hit ABC.com," Jason George said. [EW]
We've talked about underwater amputations and gotten a peek at the goofiness that happens on set; now, midway through its first season, the show's cast is talking about what's next for the jungle's most adventurous healers.
Check out this video to hear scoop on their characters' struggles, clinic flirtations and more from stars Martin Henderson, Caroline Dhavernas, Jason George, Valerie Cruz, Zach Gilford and Rachelle Lefevre.
So when I visited the 'Off the Map' set on a particularly busy day -- shooting a scene of the surgical aftermath of a hang-gliding accident, which you'll see at the end of the season -- I wasn't surprised to find the cast giggly, playful and ready to have fun between shots.
But who's the king of the jokes? The funniest when the cameras stop rolling? There's no doubt that man is 'Friday Night Lights' alum Zach Gilford. And as I learned in not one but three of my other cast interviews, he doesn't always wait for the cameras to stop before popping in with some goofball antics.
Check out this adorable behind-the-scenes look at the cast of 'Off the Map' (Wednesdays, 10PM ET on ABC) after the jump.
'Off the Map' (Wednesdays, 10PM ET on ABC) has already featured a zip-line accident, tuberculosis, a severe electrocution and a large anaconda wrapped around a man, seemingly suffocating him, but actually keeping his insides from coming out ... and they've only aired four episodes!
This week, their patient runs into trouble while scuba diving, and the docs have to perform an impromptu underwater amputation to save her. It's like 'Grey's Anatomy' meets '127 Hours,' with scuba gear.
Curious? I was lucky enough to catch up with the cast on the show's set in Hawaii (thanks ABC!), and they dished about this week's big story.
Check out the video interview with stars Martin Henderson, Valerie Cruz, Zach Gilford and Rachelle Lefevre after the jump.
Rachelle Lefevre, Martin Henderson, Jason George, Valerie Cruz, Zach Gilford, Mamie Gummer revealed that and Jonathan Castellanos when the script calls for it, they are conscripted to perform their own stunts ranging from swimming in a "disease-infested" river to throwing themselves in front of a moving car ... going 2 miles an hour!
So, reality doesn't much compare to the hardships the characters endure on the show, which features doctors working in the remote jungles of South America. Still, at least one cast member professed to be squeamish about blood, and on a medical drama, blood can't be avoided.
Watch as the cast members talk about stunts and blood, as well as getting used to medical jargon and their off-camera guilty pleasures.
If you haven't figured out their winning formula by now, this show proves that hot doctors plus interesting cases equals a sexy hit show. 'Off the Map' (premieres Wed., Jan. 12, 10PM ET on ABC) adds an exotic locale to the mix, with a Doctors Without Borders-style program taking these medical professionals to a remote South American jungle.
AOL TV has an exclusive sneak peek of the show, which star Jason George (remember him as Bailey's love interest, Dr. Ben Warren?) describes as "kind of like 'M*A*S*H,' but with a 'Romancing the Stone' tone. We're not in the middle of a war, but we are strangers in a strange land, and doing things our way, not necessarily the right -- or even the legal -- way. There's sterile and there's clean enough. We're definitely on the "clean enough" set. [Laughs]"
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com, or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479. Your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have spoilers for: 24, Bones, Chuck, Glee, Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, and Supernatural. (SPOILERS FOLLOW!)
Note that next week's Spoilers Anonymous will be devoted to Lost spoilers.
(S02E19) That wasn't much of a finale, was it? You can definitely tell that there were a couple more episodes that were meant to be and this one just got tweaked a little. I'm not sure how much else could have changed had we gotten a full 22 installments, but you never know.
As I expected, Dave and Deena's impromptu wedding become the focal point of the episode, while everyone else just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. That's one of the things you still gotta love about this show. No matter what else is going on, it always boils down to who's sleeping with who.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Inside Man'
- Best 'Arrow' Quotes from 'Public Enemy'
- 'Nashville' Recap: Rayna and Deacon Make a Decision About Their Future
- 'American Idol' Recap: The Top 9 (and Kelly Clarkson) Sing the Songs of Kelly Clarkson
- 'Arrow' Recap: Oliver Becomes Public Enemy #1
- More From BuddyTV
- Americans Post Mortem: Holly Taylor on Paige's Parental Faceoff, Spy Potential
- Nashville Recap: Red Letter 'Deyna'
- American Idol Recap: I Don't Think You're Ready for This Kelly
- Arrow Recap: Better Off Dead — Plus, New Clues About Felicity's Dad?
- Revenge Recruits Tom Amandes for Everwood Reunion — See Photo
- More From TVLine
- Rihanna Pulls Off Epic April Fools Prank on Jimmy Kimmel
- Pharrell and Jimmy Fallon Are an '80s R&B Duo on the 'Tonight Show'
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Get Romantic in PDA Pic After His One Direction Exit
- 8 Things We Loved About Kelly Clarkson's Amazing 'American Idol' Performances
- Kendrick Lamar Cruises Compton in 'King Kunta' Music Video
- More From ET