July 31, 2014
by Deidre Woollard, posted Sep 6th 2006 1:40AM
(S02E19) This week we learn what the watchers of webisodes have known all along, Dilana can't write songs and Lukas doesn't think he needs to try too hard. Both Lukas and Dilana are talented and have been fan favorites since the beginning of the show but neither one of them has really had to battle too hard to stay at the top of the heap. That ends tonight.
by Anna Johns, posted Jul 11th 2006 8:19PM
It turns out somebody already came up with the super-lame Supernova name for their own band. According to MTV News, the Orange County-based punk band, Supernova, has filed a trademark infringement suit against producer Mark Burnett for this summer's Rock Star: Supernova. The original Supernova formed in 1989 and released four albums, the most recent in 2000. The band is still alive and kicking: recording a new album and performing gigs next month. The lawsuit names Burnett, his production company, and the three members of the new Supernova band: Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted and Gilby Clarke. The band wants Burnett to make it clear that the television show is not associated with them, wants to prevent Burnett from trademarking the Supernova name, and claims the producers of Rock Star knew the band existed and was still together. Didn't anyone check out iTunes before naming the new band?
by Adam Finley, posted Mar 16th 2006 5:02PM
Rock Star, which debuted last year as a reality show in which INXS auditioned several hopefuls for the chance to become the band's new lead singer, is coming back for a second season, but things will be a little different. The show will still be about people auditioning to sing in a band, but this time it's an entirely new band composed of Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, Metallica bassist Jason Newsted, and guitarist Gilby Clarke of Guns N Roses. The band calls itself "Supernova." Both Brooke Burke and Dave Navarro will return as hosts. Slash, Macy Gray and Rob Zombie will also make appearances as guest judges.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Killer ABC Promo: Ellen Pompeo and Kerry Washington Welcome Viola Davis to 'Shondaland Thursday'
- Extant Recap: The Unkindest Cut
- Sharknado 2: The 13 Best Worst Lines and 13 Fishiest Leaps of Logic
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: It's Just Emotions, Taking Me Over
- ABC's The Quest Mixes Fantasy and Reality (With Dragons on the Side)
- More From TVLine
- Fox News Anchor Bob Beckel Calls 'Bachelorette' Andi Dorfman A 'Slut'
- Zooey Deschanel Tweets Star Studded Set Photo From 'Rock The Kasbah'
- Lily Allen Praises Miley Cyrus' Stage Skills Before Opening For Her On 'Bangerz' Tour
- Ireland Baldwin on Social Media: 'Instagram is Behind the Times'
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith... And Yes, It's Everything.
- More From ET