March 8, 2014
by Deidre Woollard, posted Sep 6th 2006 1:40AM
(S02E19) This week we learn what the watchers of webisodes have known all along, Dilana can't write songs and Lukas doesn't think he needs to try too hard. Both Lukas and Dilana are talented and have been fan favorites since the beginning of the show but neither one of them has really had to battle too hard to stay at the top of the heap. That ends tonight.
by Anna Johns, posted Jul 11th 2006 8:19PM
It turns out somebody already came up with the super-lame Supernova name for their own band. According to MTV News, the Orange County-based punk band, Supernova, has filed a trademark infringement suit against producer Mark Burnett for this summer's Rock Star: Supernova. The original Supernova formed in 1989 and released four albums, the most recent in 2000. The band is still alive and kicking: recording a new album and performing gigs next month. The lawsuit names Burnett, his production company, and the three members of the new Supernova band: Tommy Lee, Jason Newsted and Gilby Clarke. The band wants Burnett to make it clear that the television show is not associated with them, wants to prevent Burnett from trademarking the Supernova name, and claims the producers of Rock Star knew the band existed and was still together. Didn't anyone check out iTunes before naming the new band?
by Adam Finley, posted Mar 16th 2006 5:02PM
Rock Star, which debuted last year as a reality show in which INXS auditioned several hopefuls for the chance to become the band's new lead singer, is coming back for a second season, but things will be a little different. The show will still be about people auditioning to sing in a band, but this time it's an entirely new band composed of Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee, Metallica bassist Jason Newsted, and guitarist Gilby Clarke of Guns N Roses. The band calls itself "Supernova." Both Brooke Burke and Dave Navarro will return as hosts. Slash, Macy Gray and Rob Zombie will also make appearances as guest judges.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' says goodbye to Katherine: Watch her best moments
- Amy Sedaris joins Jane Krakowski's FOX comedy pilot 'Dead Boss'
- 'The Flash': 'Arrow' spinoff casts Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- 'Blue Bloods': Killed couple's daughter seeks revenge
- 'Grimm' Season 3: Reggie Lee discusses 'Mommy Dearest' shocker and Wu's first name reveal
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Dave Annable, Chuck Alum and Enlisted Star Are Among the Latest Castings
- Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following
- Pilot Scoop: One Tree Hill's Robert Buckley Returns to The CW in Rob Thomas' iZombie
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- More From TVLine