(S01E01) "Just pretend it's carve-your-own steak night at Sizzler." - Jax
FX is taking a fairly big gamble with Sons of Anarchy. With their trademark drama The Shield ending its seven season run this fall and their other two big hits (Damages and Rescue Me) pushed to 2009 because of the WGA Strike, the network is in dire need of some fresh buzz. The one thing they have going for them? Even FX's previous flops (Dirt, Starved, Over There, Thief) were better than a lot of other things on TV and Sons of Anarchy certainly fits that mold. Once the fall season is in full swing, the only network competition will be CSI: NY, as I don't see Lipstick Jungle or Dirty Sexy Money getting in the way. Sons has the potential to do well. It'll just rest on creator Kurt Sutter and how he plans to make the show appealing beyond this pilot episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 15 Surprising and Unwanted Developments from 'The Kindred'
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere: 14 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Driven'
- 'Selfie' Review: Is Insensitive and Narcissistic Eliza Likable?
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Review: Why this Candy-Coated Love Story Is Worth a Few Dates
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- More From BuddyTV
- Agent Carter Adds Captain America's Dominic Cooper, as Howard Stark
- New Girl: Kaitlin Olson Sees the Sunny Side of Playing Jess' Future Stepmom
- Mistresses Renewed for Season 3
- Ryan Rottman Previews MTV's Twisted New Dramedy Happyland
- More From TVLine