Also in the news today: Virginia Madsen will guest on 'Monk,' while the details of 'Family Guy''s abortion themed episode are revealed.
See more of today's top TV headlines after the jump.
Colbert Report host Stephen Colbert has been named one of GQ's "Men of the Year" in the December issue, on sale later this week.
Other celebs named include Will Ferrell, Jay-Z, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, and Burberry designer Christopher Bailey. Ferrell, Jay-Z, and DiCaprio are going to be three different covers that the magazine is putting out for the issue. The mag even names DiCaprio the "Actor Of Our Time." Is that accurate? Is Leonardo DiCaprio the actor of our time? And for that matter, is Ferrell the "Comic Of Our Time" and Jay-Z the "Musician Of Our Time?"
For the record, I was going to be photographed for the issue too, but decided that I didn't want to be reduced to just another pretty boy to be gawked at in the pages of the glossy monthly magazine.
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Supernatural' Season 10 Premiere Photos: Demon Dean Does Karaoke
- [Video] 'Revenge' Season 4 Trailer: Victoria Tells Her Side of the Story
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Brandi's Fight, Aviva's Lawsuit and Teresa's Homes
- 'The 100' Interview: Devon Bostick on Jasper's Transition Into a Stronger Person
- 'The Mysteries of Laura' Review: A Mom Cop Dramedy Trainwreck
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow Season 3 Poster Highlights the Fortified Team Arrow
- Bill Hader Returning to SNL as Host — Will Stefon Be Joining Him?
- Friends' Gunther Speaks Out 20 Years Later: 'Ross Doesn't Deserve Rachel'
- Ratings: Utopia Ticks Up, New Girl and Mindy Project Premieres Down
- New Girl Recruits a Person of Interest to Woo Jess in November
- More From TVLine
- Diane Keaton Has a Major Girl Crush on Amy Poehler
- Nasim Pedrad Does a Mean Aziz Ansari Impression
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- Lolo Jones Is Definitely Not Taking Her 'Dancing with the Stars' Elimination Lightly
- Neil Patrick Harris Invites You to 'Choose Your Own Autobiography'
- More From ET