Also in the news today: Virginia Madsen will guest on 'Monk,' while the details of 'Family Guy''s abortion themed episode are revealed.
See more of today's top TV headlines after the jump.
Colbert Report host Stephen Colbert has been named one of GQ's "Men of the Year" in the December issue, on sale later this week.
Other celebs named include Will Ferrell, Jay-Z, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, and Burberry designer Christopher Bailey. Ferrell, Jay-Z, and DiCaprio are going to be three different covers that the magazine is putting out for the issue. The mag even names DiCaprio the "Actor Of Our Time." Is that accurate? Is Leonardo DiCaprio the actor of our time? And for that matter, is Ferrell the "Comic Of Our Time" and Jay-Z the "Musician Of Our Time?"
For the record, I was going to be photographed for the issue too, but decided that I didn't want to be reduced to just another pretty boy to be gawked at in the pages of the glossy monthly magazine.
For lack of a better word or description, last night's show was weird and anti-climatic. At first, I was really excited about the contestants doing modern hits from the last 6 years, but then...nothing happened. I kept waiting for that one really great performance that would put the show into overdrive, but it never came.
First off, the show was cut down to a hour last night since there are only 10 contestants left. This made everything feel very rushed. It felt less like a national hit show and more like a filler before House came on. Secondly, all the judges were in agreement last night, and yet they were still fighting. Always weird. Thirdly, lack of time translated into lack of Seacrest zingers. Seacrest zingers are always the cheesiest of zings, and yet, I miss them when they're gone. It's like getting a dollar every year in your birthday card from Grandma. A dollar doesn't get you much (heck, it doesn't get you anything), but that first year when it's not in there...it burns. Finally, I think Kevin might have been eliminated prematurely. I'm convinced that if given the chance, he would have performed Britney Spears' "Toxic" and it would have been the best thing to happen to American Idol since Bobby sung the praises of the Copacabana.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 2014 Grammy noms: Miley Cyrus snubbed, Katy Perry and Sara Bareilles face off
- 'Nikita' recap: Birkhoff's secret past (and name) is revealed ... though is it too late?
- Grammys 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis lead the nominations list
- 'Bones' recap: Did McKayla Maroney impress in 'The Spark in the Park'?
- 'Breaking the Faith': Meeting Mormons in Salt Lake City
- More From Zap2it
- Meet the Agents of NCIS: New Orleans — Plus a Few Off-the-Cuff Casting Suggestions
- Pilot News: Bunheads' Sutton Foster to Fudge the Numbers in TV Land Comedy Younger
- Exclusive First Look: Episodes Season 3 Promo Highlights Sean's Very Best Catch-Faces
- Scoop: Fox Cuts Dads Episode Order
- Low Winter Sun Sets at AMC, Low-Rated Drama Cancelled After One Season
- More From TVLine