For the past few nights of the tour, Ross has assumed the role of traveling roaster, saving paying audiences from having to listen to Sheen's rambling storytelling and finally giving people what they've really wanted all along: the unadulterated joy that comes from laughing your tail off at Charlie Sheen's expense.
It's a development that raises the possibility that Ross could parlay this tour into an-all out, official Friar's Club Roast on Comedy Central, which has the potential to turn into one of the most hilarious, out-of-control television events ever.
Comedy Central has done the best job for the most part while others like A&E's extremely mismanaged Gene Simmons Roast made for lower quality television are as horrific as those painfully dated Dean Martin's Roasts that are sold on infomercials in the wee small hours of the morning.
The secret to doing a good roast isn't really that much of a secret: hire people who are actually paid to be funny. That's why the Roast of Joan Rivers could be the best one yet.
The other day I auditioned for a new reality show. I can't tell you the name of the show but I will tell you the premise.
It's a competition a la American Idol, except the talent in this competition is impersonation. You might say the producers aren't looking for real celebrities but instead are looking for "the next best thing."
Now when I first heard about the show, I assumed it was all about impressions. I couldn't have been more wrong.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?So You Think You Can Dance? Season 11: Top 16 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Next Stop...Radio City Music Hall!
- 'Graceland' Recap: Paige Goes Through Hell
- 'Suits' Recap: Harvey (Sort of) Breaks a Sweat
- 'Extant' Recap: Spilling Secrets, Covert Experiments, and a Mysterious Party Crasher
- More From BuddyTV
- Extant Recap: Crappy Birthday to You
- Mircea Monroe, Aimee Garcia Join Michael Rosenbaum in TV Land Pilot
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- More From TVLine
- One Direction Celebrates Four Years Of Making Fans Cry (In A Good Way)
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Share Baby North's First Steps With The World
- Tom Hardy Gets Apocalyptic In This Amazing New 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Poster
- Naya Rivera Changes Name on Twitter
- The Woman Calling the Shots in Chef Gordon Ramsay's Life
- More From ET