It seems that everything is being released on DVD these days. Not just shows from the 50s and short-lived shows like The Adventures of Brisco County and Profit and many others. But there are many shows you'll never see on TV, because they're too obscure, don't have enough fan base, wouldn't be worth it financially, and/or just don't have any "buzz" to make it worth releasing by the studio. Now, I've been surprised before. I'm still shocked that Riptide made it to DVD. But I'm pretty confident we won't see the five shows below on DVD. Which is a shame, because they're five of my favorites.
In fact, if any of these shows are released on DVD (whole seasons, not an odd episode thrown on another DVD), I'll run naked through Central Park while eating a chicken salad sandwich and singing the theme song from Fame.
OK, I know that description might sound a little lame, but let me describe things a little bit more.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Which Juror Returns and Who Is the Week 10 HoH?
- 'Graceland' Recap: Can Paul Be Trusted?
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: All Hail the Queen
- 'Project Runway' Recap: Metropolitan Mary Kay
- More From BuddyTV
- The Grinder Enlists Christina Applegate to Play Rob Lowe's 'Old-Fashioned' Ex
- Ratings: Rookie Blue Hits Series Low
- Sutton Foster Books Guest Gig on Amazon Dark Comedy Mad Dogs
- Originals Deleted Scene: Hayley Gets a Big Surprise On Her Wedding Night
- Julie Benz Previews Defiance Finale, Ponders Buffy/Angel Twitter Parties
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings August 2015
- Charlie Sheen Wants to Be Donald Trump's Running Mate -- Thanks to Owen Wilson
- It's Official! Music Icon Chaka Khan Will Compete in Season 21 of 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Ashley Madison CEO Steps Down After Company Hack
- Celine Dion Returns to the Stage After Year-Long Hiatus to Care for Her Husband
- More From ET