Jenna Elfman is back on TV with a new sitcom. In 2006, she tried a CBS comedy called Courting Alex that failed to click, but she had a five-year run on ABC with Dharma & Greg. The actress toplines Accidentally on Purpose, playing a film critic (and I hope whatever publication she writes for doesn't go belly-up like so many others these days) who accidentally gets pregnant after a fling with a younger man. I'm laughing already.
Jenna has been laughing through her pregnancy and birth. When she was late term, she did this trash-talking basketball video with her belly hanging out. And the official statement about her birth is just as funny. It says Story is already a fan of "classical music, a clean diaper, mom's boobs and long naps. Story wants to give big props to his mom for all her hard work." Cute.
Hopefully we'll be seeing Jenna on television sometime soon. She had a short-lived show, Courting Alex, last season but it wasn't as good as she is.
If you've been searching the Web today trying to find video of a pregnant woman playing basketball, I'd like to say, "welcome."
At the bottom of this post, courtesy of Funny or Die, is a short clip featuring actress Jenna Elfman taking part in a game of B-ball, complete with trash talk and everything. That might be kinda humorous, but add in the fact that she's also pregnant and I'd say that's pretty damn funny. Elfman has a lot of great lines, but my favorite comes toward the end as she's walking off the court and tosses the ball away.
I'd love to see a whole series done this way, with Elfman playing a different sport in every video. I've always been a fan of Elfman's, though I never really liked Dharma and Greg. Funny, that.
Anyway, check out the video below. It does contain some bad language, so be warned.
Is Elfman worth it? She's hot and funny and, according to Joel, she's "sexy in a non-threatening way". Is she worth hanging onto?
South Beach (Wednesdays, UPN) Two hot, New York City working-class bachelors leave the big city behind to follow one of their girlfriends to South Beach, FL, only to discover that she has a new boyfriend. They get mixed up with the rich and famous in the club scene. After viewing a sneak preview on UPN's website, it looks like a guilty pleasure like The O.C., except with more sex and no high school. Jennifer Lopez is the executive producer and it co-stars Vanessa Williams as a club owner and mother to one of the main characters. South Beach premieres on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 8 pm.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 21 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'Black Hole Sun'
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Top Looks of 'Finale, Part 2'
- 'Supernatural': Who Would Win a Soulless Sam vs. Demon Dean Battle? Jared Padalecki Weighs in!
- More From BuddyTV
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- Damian Lewis, Paul Giamatti to Lead Showtime Drama Pilot Billions
- Scorpion Sneak Peek: NCIS: LA's Hetty Helps Walter's Team Clean Up Nice
- TVLine Items: Jim Parsons Voicing Elf, Haven's WWE Reunion and More
- More From TVLine
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- 4 Tips for Posing Nearly Nude from 'America's Next Top Model'
- Secrets from the Stylist: Go Inside the ‘2 Broke Girls' Costume Closet
- More From ET