Jenna Elfman is back on TV with a new sitcom. In 2006, she tried a CBS comedy called Courting Alex that failed to click, but she had a five-year run on ABC with Dharma & Greg. The actress toplines Accidentally on Purpose, playing a film critic (and I hope whatever publication she writes for doesn't go belly-up like so many others these days) who accidentally gets pregnant after a fling with a younger man. I'm laughing already.
Jenna has been laughing through her pregnancy and birth. When she was late term, she did this trash-talking basketball video with her belly hanging out. And the official statement about her birth is just as funny. It says Story is already a fan of "classical music, a clean diaper, mom's boobs and long naps. Story wants to give big props to his mom for all her hard work." Cute.
Hopefully we'll be seeing Jenna on television sometime soon. She had a short-lived show, Courting Alex, last season but it wasn't as good as she is.
If you've been searching the Web today trying to find video of a pregnant woman playing basketball, I'd like to say, "welcome."
At the bottom of this post, courtesy of Funny or Die, is a short clip featuring actress Jenna Elfman taking part in a game of B-ball, complete with trash talk and everything. That might be kinda humorous, but add in the fact that she's also pregnant and I'd say that's pretty damn funny. Elfman has a lot of great lines, but my favorite comes toward the end as she's walking off the court and tosses the ball away.
I'd love to see a whole series done this way, with Elfman playing a different sport in every video. I've always been a fan of Elfman's, though I never really liked Dharma and Greg. Funny, that.
Anyway, check out the video below. It does contain some bad language, so be warned.
Is Elfman worth it? She's hot and funny and, according to Joel, she's "sexy in a non-threatening way". Is she worth hanging onto?
South Beach (Wednesdays, UPN) Two hot, New York City working-class bachelors leave the big city behind to follow one of their girlfriends to South Beach, FL, only to discover that she has a new boyfriend. They get mixed up with the rich and famous in the club scene. After viewing a sneak preview on UPN's website, it looks like a guilty pleasure like The O.C., except with more sex and no high school. Jennifer Lopez is the executive producer and it co-stars Vanessa Williams as a club owner and mother to one of the main characters. South Beach premieres on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 8 pm.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 10: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- Oscar-Nominated Actor Gary Busey Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21
- 'Scream' Season 1 Finale Recap: Who is the Killer?
- The 14 Best Sidekicks on TV Right Now
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Semifinals Get Underway
- More From BuddyTV
- Gary Busey Joins Dancing With the Stars — See His Over-the-Top Announcement
- Scream EP Talks [Spoiler]'s Surprising Accomplice, Possible Season 2 Returns
- Scream's Killer Talks 'Awesome' Finale Reveal — Plus: Grade the Episode
- NBC Eyes Modern Brides of Dracula Drama from Greg Berlanti, Glee Vet
- Report: Game of Thrones Snags Borgias Vet for Pivotal Season 6 Role
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings August 2015
- Kylie Jenner Dyes Her Hair 'Dirty Blonde,' Also Gets New Piercing
- Andrew Garfield on Exploring Fatherhood: 'Exciting, Daunting and Scary'
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Wahlberg Helps a Friend Squeeze Into Skinny Jeans on 'Wahlburgers' Finale
- Naomi Campbell Shows Off Amazing Bikini Bod at 45
- More From ET