The 104-disc DVD set hits shelves on Nov. 8 and includes 11 seasons that have never been released. Yep, all 456 "ripped from the headlines" episodes in one glorious place!
Special features of the 20-season set include tons of deleted and extended scenes, an interview with Dick Wolf about the creation of the landmark series and a tribute to Jerry Orbach featuring interviews with his former co-stars.
I started watching Law & Order during the Briscoe and Green days, so I don't know a whole lot about Detective Rey Curtis, Briscoe's former partner from '94-'99. What I do know is that Benjamin Bratt is pulling a Chris Noth and returning to the show that gave him his big break.
Bratt, whose A&E series, The Cleaner, was just canceled, is reprising his role as Detective Rey Curtis on the original Law & Order. However, it doesn't look like the current crime-fighting duo of Lupo (Jeremy Sisto) and Bernard (Anthony Anderson) have anything to worry about: Bratt is only signed up for one episode.
This is the original Law & Order's 17th season and, even though it has reached legendary status as far as television series go, it is time for it to go. I think the Chevy Chase episode proved that. It feels tired and stale. There are way too many "ripped from the headlines" episodes and can anyone even keep track of who the main detectives are anymore? The series has gone through so many stars that it's getting hard to keep up. Plus, I think it became about "sexy" detectives and lawyers, rather than the original, more gritty characters played by Chris Noth, Paul Sorvino, Michael Moriarty, and Jerry Orbach.
Do you think Law & Order's time is up?
The New York Times reports that Orbach's widow, Elaine, has been turned down in her quest to have the corner of 53rd St. and 8th Ave., where the two used to live, named in Jerry's honor. Apparently the community board that governs that corner turns down all renaming requests on principle, wanting to keep the cityscape it governs as clutter-free as possible. But Elaine Orbach is determined; she intends on brining Jerry's 96-year-old mother and one of his sons to tonight's board meeting. Maybe Jerry's mom can guilt them into naming the corner after him.
[via Gothamist and Pop Candy]
You know how Lewis Black appears on The Daily Show once a week to talk about news stories that have "slipped through the cracks?" Well, consider this one of those "slipped through the cracks" stories that I thought was just too cool not to mention. I trust some of you haven't heard this story, but if you have, then take this time to go do something else. Make yourself a muffin, have a cup of tea. Be good to yourself.
This is probably a good move for Farina. He's a good actor (he's one of those actors who is good in everything he's in, even if what he's in isn't that good), but Law and Order wasn't the best showcase for him. It's not exactly a show that leaves room for meaty acting or character development. It's all about the crime, the investigation, and the trial, and there's no room for anything else really. Besides, the show has really gone downhill, with all the "ripped from the headlines" cases.
No word yet on who will replace him.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Last Man and Cristela Finales Tick Down, Messengers Opens Low
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- More From TVLine
- Erin Andrews' NHL Player Boyfriend Arrested in Las Vegas
- Zayn Malik Thanks One Direction at Asian Awards: 'Four of the Best Guys I've Ever Met'
- David Beckham Insta-Bombs Son Brooklyn's Big Announcement
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- More From ET