jerry springer show
TV Guide voted it the "Worst TV Show Ever." The show's own tagline was once, "An hour of your life you'll never get back." Whatever description you want to slap on 'The Jerry Springer Show,' you can't deny that the guy, and the scummy, scummy show, has longevity. And, if we're all being honest, we have to admit we've chuckled at an episode or two.
Today's 'Springer Takes Times Square' installment (check local listings for time and channel) of the daytime series finds Jerry -- and a round-up of celebs that includes Kathy Griffin, Perez Hilton, Maury Povich, the women of 'The View' and Rachael Ray -- celebrating 20 years on the air ... 20 freakin' years.
On the show, Jerry Springer talks with a young man named "Weasel," who has cheated on his girlfriend. And as you may have guessed by now, he cheated on her with his girlfriend's transsexual brother. Weasel tells an improbable story that involves him passing out, then randomly waking up to find the brother performing oral sex on him. "I'm not gay!" Weasel says. "I'm not gay!"
But his story doesn't really make sense. And the transsexual brother in question insists that Weasel is gay.
Jerry listens to Weasel's tale -- in which the young man is implausibly trapped into having sex with another man against his will. Then, Jerry offers up a very simple conclusion. "You're gay," he says to Weasel.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations - Collection 2
- Beauty and the Beast - Season 3
- Charlie and Lola - Vol. 7
- Dirty Jobs - Collection 2
- The Drak Pack - Complete Series
- The Jerry Springer Show: Undressed, Unleashed and Uncensored - Vol. 1, 2, and 3
- McLeod's Daughters - Season 5
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Vol. 10.2
- Perfect Strangers - Seasons 1 and 2
- Route 66 - Season 1, Vol. 2
- Slings and Arrows - Complete Collection
- Soul Food - Season 3
- Third Watch - Season 1
- The Whitest Kids You Know - Season 1
That sound you hear is the planet dying, just a little bit.
The syndicated talk shows (and I use that term very, very loosely) Jerry Springer and Maury have been renewed through the 2010 season. Yes, that's right, for three more seasons. Springer will start its 17th season this fall and Maury its 10th.
That means we'll have three more glorious seasons of
actors ordinary citizens throwing chairs at each other and wrestling and three more intriguing years of morons ordinary citizens taking paternity tests to see if they're the father of a woman's baby.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Interview: Emilie de Ravin and Robert Carlyle Tease Emma Needing Help, Gold's Status and More
- 'Teen Wolf': Why Stiles and Lydia are Perfect Together
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Interview: EP Julie Plec on Alaric's 'Questionable Decisions,' Damon and Bonnie's Friendship and More
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from 'Privilege'
- 'RHOA' Star Kandi Burruss on Her Baby's Name: 'We're Taking Suggestions'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Leftovers Season 2 Premiere Date, Storyline Revealed
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3: Constance Zimmer to Clash With Coulson, Blair Underwood Returns
- Continuum's Final Season Gets Syfy Premiere Date — Watch the Trailer
- Daily Show Vet Wyatt Cenac to Lead TBS Comedy Pilot The Group
- Wet Hot American Summer EPs Talk 'De-Aging' Process, Season 2 Hopes
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper In a Coma, Source Says
- 'Jessica Jones' Showrunner Teases a Super Suit for Krysten Ritter, Confirms 'Daredevil' Crossover
- Drake vs. Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj: A History of the Feud
- Ashlee Simpson at Hospital to Give Birth to Baby No. 2
- Julie Chen Looks Back at Her 'Big Brother' Fashions: 'There Have Been Many Mistakes'
- More From ET