jerry springer show
TV Guide voted it the "Worst TV Show Ever." The show's own tagline was once, "An hour of your life you'll never get back." Whatever description you want to slap on 'The Jerry Springer Show,' you can't deny that the guy, and the scummy, scummy show, has longevity. And, if we're all being honest, we have to admit we've chuckled at an episode or two.
Today's 'Springer Takes Times Square' installment (check local listings for time and channel) of the daytime series finds Jerry -- and a round-up of celebs that includes Kathy Griffin, Perez Hilton, Maury Povich, the women of 'The View' and Rachael Ray -- celebrating 20 years on the air ... 20 freakin' years.
On the show, Jerry Springer talks with a young man named "Weasel," who has cheated on his girlfriend. And as you may have guessed by now, he cheated on her with his girlfriend's transsexual brother. Weasel tells an improbable story that involves him passing out, then randomly waking up to find the brother performing oral sex on him. "I'm not gay!" Weasel says. "I'm not gay!"
But his story doesn't really make sense. And the transsexual brother in question insists that Weasel is gay.
Jerry listens to Weasel's tale -- in which the young man is implausibly trapped into having sex with another man against his will. Then, Jerry offers up a very simple conclusion. "You're gay," he says to Weasel.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations - Collection 2
- Beauty and the Beast - Season 3
- Charlie and Lola - Vol. 7
- Dirty Jobs - Collection 2
- The Drak Pack - Complete Series
- The Jerry Springer Show: Undressed, Unleashed and Uncensored - Vol. 1, 2, and 3
- McLeod's Daughters - Season 5
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Vol. 10.2
- Perfect Strangers - Seasons 1 and 2
- Route 66 - Season 1, Vol. 2
- Slings and Arrows - Complete Collection
- Soul Food - Season 3
- Third Watch - Season 1
- The Whitest Kids You Know - Season 1
That sound you hear is the planet dying, just a little bit.
The syndicated talk shows (and I use that term very, very loosely) Jerry Springer and Maury have been renewed through the 2010 season. Yes, that's right, for three more seasons. Springer will start its 17th season this fall and Maury its 10th.
That means we'll have three more glorious seasons of
actors ordinary citizens throwing chairs at each other and wrestling and three more intriguing years of morons ordinary citizens taking paternity tests to see if they're the father of a woman's baby.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV ratings: 'The Sound of Music Live' scores big for NBC Thursday
- 'Sound of Music Live!': Appreciate it for what it was - a lot of fun
- 'X Factor': Simon Cowell - 'Say Something' was Alex and Sierra's big moment
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Watch Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer, and more sing the classics
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Why I'm okay with Cristina hooking up with an intern
- More From Zap2it
- Bates Motel Exclusive: Haunting New Season 2 Promos Point to Fresh Blood (and Taxidermy!)
- Ratings: NBC's Sound of Music Live! Does Something Very Good; Glee and Grey's Eye Lows
- Exclusive Once Upon a Time Video: Which Stone-Cold Villain Is Snow White Hunting?
- What to Watch Friday: Bones' Fall Finale, Grimm Exorcism, CBS' Grammy Noms Concert and More
- Scandal Recap: I'm Friends With the Monster
- More From TVLine