jerry springer show
TV Guide voted it the "Worst TV Show Ever." The show's own tagline was once, "An hour of your life you'll never get back." Whatever description you want to slap on 'The Jerry Springer Show,' you can't deny that the guy, and the scummy, scummy show, has longevity. And, if we're all being honest, we have to admit we've chuckled at an episode or two.
Today's 'Springer Takes Times Square' installment (check local listings for time and channel) of the daytime series finds Jerry -- and a round-up of celebs that includes Kathy Griffin, Perez Hilton, Maury Povich, the women of 'The View' and Rachael Ray -- celebrating 20 years on the air ... 20 freakin' years.
On the show, Jerry Springer talks with a young man named "Weasel," who has cheated on his girlfriend. And as you may have guessed by now, he cheated on her with his girlfriend's transsexual brother. Weasel tells an improbable story that involves him passing out, then randomly waking up to find the brother performing oral sex on him. "I'm not gay!" Weasel says. "I'm not gay!"
But his story doesn't really make sense. And the transsexual brother in question insists that Weasel is gay.
Jerry listens to Weasel's tale -- in which the young man is implausibly trapped into having sex with another man against his will. Then, Jerry offers up a very simple conclusion. "You're gay," he says to Weasel.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations - Collection 2
- Beauty and the Beast - Season 3
- Charlie and Lola - Vol. 7
- Dirty Jobs - Collection 2
- The Drak Pack - Complete Series
- The Jerry Springer Show: Undressed, Unleashed and Uncensored - Vol. 1, 2, and 3
- McLeod's Daughters - Season 5
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Vol. 10.2
- Perfect Strangers - Seasons 1 and 2
- Route 66 - Season 1, Vol. 2
- Slings and Arrows - Complete Collection
- Soul Food - Season 3
- Third Watch - Season 1
- The Whitest Kids You Know - Season 1
That sound you hear is the planet dying, just a little bit.
The syndicated talk shows (and I use that term very, very loosely) Jerry Springer and Maury have been renewed through the 2010 season. Yes, that's right, for three more seasons. Springer will start its 17th season this fall and Maury its 10th.
That means we'll have three more glorious seasons of
actors ordinary citizens throwing chairs at each other and wrestling and three more intriguing years of morons ordinary citizens taking paternity tests to see if they're the father of a woman's baby.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Gotham, Game of Thrones, iZombie and More
- The Voice Outtakes: Reba Coaches 'the Poot' Out of the Top 12
- Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables, Dead at 48
- Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV
- Post Mortem: Orphan Black Boss on Helena's Pal, Mean Delphine & More
- More From TVLine
- Nick & Vanessa Lachey Post First Pic of Baby Brooklyn
- Miley Cyrus Wears Nipple Pasties to Joan Jett's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- 2015 ACM Awards: Star Sightings
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Scorpion Psychosis, Mystery Elevator Clone & More Answers Revealed!
- 'Outlander' Postmortem: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Dish on Big Secrets Revealed!
- More From ET