Casting News: Michael J. Fox Will Return to 'The Good Wife,' 'True Blood' Adds New Series Regulars and More
"As soon as we saw the dailies of Michael playing Louis Canning, we started pleading with him to return," creators and executive producers Robert and Michelle King told EW. "Luckily he agreed. He's amazing in this role: unpretentiously brave and funny. It's good to have him back."
Fox played Canning in 'Poisoned Pill,' the sixth episode of the CBS drama's second season. Look for him in episode 13, competing with Alicia (Julianna Margulies) to reach homeowners for a class-action lawsuit.
In other casting news ...
• Eric Mabius is heading to NBC's 'Chase.' The 'Ugly Betty' veteran will play Justin Tate, a former cop who has become a fugitive and uses his law enforcement knowledge to prey on innocents. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were confirmed as two of the guests on Oprah's upcoming Sydney shows. The Australian episodes will be filmed on Dec. 14, and will also feature Hugh Jackman and wife Deborah Lee Furness, Baz Luhrmann and wife Catherine Martin, Cate Blanchett and Jon Bon Jovi. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Mariana Klaveno, Lorena on 'True Blood,' will guest star on 'Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior.' Klaveno will play Veronica, a spotlight-loving woman who is quite good an manipulating men. [Movieline]
Russell and Eric are having a bit of a feud. It seems that Russell (Denis O'Hare) slaughtered Eric's family a thousand years ago. Well, we can understand how someone could still be angry about that. As revenge, Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) killed Russell's gay lover. So now they're both pretty upset.
Dr. Cal Lightman (Tim Roth) is called in to investigate a series of crimes involving the delinquents. But of course, this being one of those TV procedural drama-type shows, the bad guy is going to be ... the last person that you would expect. So is the villain one of the kids who already have a criminal record? No -- of course not! Duh!
John Schneider could be back on our television screens soon, if someone will buy the show. The odd part about this one isn't the content, but rather the production. Schneider is starring in twentysixmiles -- a reference to Catalina Island, where the show is being shot -- which is an independently funded production. Executive producer Rob Miller is spending some $5.5 million to shoot six episodes of the show that can serve as a launch to the series, or a trio of movies.
And he's doing the whole thing with no deal in place for broadcast. Ballsy. Despite the lack of a studio deal, they have managed to land some pretty big names to join Schneider. George Segal (Just Shoot Me), Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development), and James Denton (Desperate Housewives) are all set to make cameos while Jessica Tuck (Judging Amy), Eric Lange, and Daniel Quinn will be part of the regular cast. Schneider's character is a high powered executive who moves to Catalina Island after his wife divorces him in order to be closer to his children.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'DIG' Exclusive Clip: Will Debbie Be Saved?
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 6?
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Who Will Leave the Top 9?
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- More From BuddyTV
- April Fools Day: 25 Twisted TV Tricks from Alias, Arrow, Buffy, PLL & More
- Ratings: New Girl, NCIS, S.H.I.E.L.D. Tie Lows; Weird Loners Has Few Friends
- X-Files Revival: Cigarette-Smoking Man, Walter Skinner Set to Return
- Supernatural's Jim Beaver on Bobby's 'Wistful' Heaven, Concerns About Dean
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- More From TVLine
- Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Health Crisis: 'I Thought I Was Dying'
- 'Arrow' Fave Dishes on Mama Smoak's Return and the Secrets of Felicity's Father
- Giuliana Rancic Admits She's 'Really Thin': It's Hard for Me to Look in the Mirror
- Watch Jennifer Lawrence, Britney Spears & More Attempt to Be Funny in 1.5 Seconds
- From 'Fast & Furious 6' to 'Bad Boys 2': The 7 Craziest Car Chases in Movie History
- More From ET