jim bob duggar
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the '19 Kids and Counting' family will hold a private memorial service for Jubilee, who would've been the couple's 20th child.
"Earlier today at a routine doctor's appointment, Michelle and I received the sad news that we lost the baby," Jim Bob Duggar said in a statement on Dec. 8. "Michelle is resting comfortably at home with the support of the entire family. We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, but ask for privacy during this difficult time."
The 45-year-old reality star was in her second trimester.
"After the appointment, we came back home and told the children," Duggar told People. "We had just been talking about baby names last night and they were getting excited about naming a boy or a girl. It has been a real sad disappointment."
Their clan was so impressive that the organizers of the festival they were at redubbed them the MacDuggan clan. And while everyone embraced the fellowship and fun of the day, Jim Bob was a little reluctant to fully get into the spirit. They got him into a kilt, but the get-up looked rather silly with the ends of his jeans sticking out of the bottom.
So why can't the couple stop having babies? The Internet rumor mill's been working overtime, and theories being bandied about include: Is Michelle addicted to being pregnant? Do they procreate to get attention? Are they making too much money from their reality show to give it up? Or, are they, as Michelle told Ann Curry yesterday, just staying true to their motto of "There's always room for one more?"
Now Michelle -- who has suffered twice from pre-eclampsia -- defended her decision to have another child, telling 'People' that if the prospect of potentially life-threatening prenatal complications were going to deter her, then "we would have stopped back with our second birth. ... There are many women who have experienced pre-eclampsia and have gone on to have more children."
Telling Ann Curry that she's three and a half months pregnant, 45 year-old Michelle said "We're due in April and we're just thrilled!" Ever the joker, Jim Bob quipped "We don't know how it happened!" Michelle added, "We are so excited. I was not thinking that God would give us another one, and we are just so grateful." The couple had hinted last night on their blog that they'd be making a "special announcement" this morning, but many assumed it would be about another grandchild.
When Curry asked the question that most of us are thinking -- WHY?! -- Michelle said they live by the motto "There's always room for one more." Plus, as Jim Bob says, one kid just moved out to start his own family so there was space available in Casa Duggar.
Watch the happy couple's announcement after the jump.
If you're a fan of the channels that make up the Discovery Communications kingdom then you have probably seen Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar and their 16 children in one of their specials. Maybe it was Raising 16 Children, where we were introduced to the Duggar clan, or On the Road With 16 Children, which focused on their trip to Disneyland. Or, perhaps, you may have caught Creating an Independent Country With 16 Children, which was shown only once and removed from the air by the government (and, if you watched that special, they would like to have a word with you. Something about conspiracy).
Well, get ready for another slew of specials because Michelle, Jim Bob, and all of their J-named children have welcomed a new baby girl into the brood. Jennifer Danielle Duggar was born on August 2nd at 10:01 in the morning. She weighed 8 pounds, 8 ounces and measured 21 inches long. Jennifer is the seventh girl to be born to the Duggars, who previously had six girls and 10 boys, including two sets of twins. Mother and baby are doing just fine and Michelle is already saying she'd love to have more children.
By the way, I was serious about a new set of specials. Discovery Health will premiere a new Duggar show in September that will feature Jennifer Danielle shortly after her birth and at home with her family.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- 'Criminal Minds' Recap: Rossi's Past Collides With His Present
- More From BuddyTV
- Red Band Society's First Season Ending After 13 Episodes; Season 2 Unlikely
- What TVLine Is Thankful For: A Good Surprise, Homeland's Revival, Sexed-Up Murder, Sweet Jane and More
- Vampire Diaries Photos: Bonnie's Blue Christmas, Stefan's Big Reveal & More
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is...
- Arrow Scoop: Sin Returns for 'Pivotal' Role in Sara Murder Mystery
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET