jim henson company
Way back in 2006, we told you a Fraggle Rock film was in the works. Now, Brian Henson tells MTV that a Fraggle Rock movie is inching closer. He also indicated that they're expanding the film "to be more accessible to a wider audience." I recently had the opportunity to watch Fraggle Rock, and while it did touch my nostalgia button, I can see where Henson's coming from here.
Everybody in television has to start at the bottom, even the Muppets.
Jim Henson's Muppets got their big break in the 1950s as two spokesmuppets for the Wilkins Coffee Company in a series of eight-second commercials featuring the most ballsy commercial concept of all time: buy Wilkins Coffee or we will shoot you in the face.
I'd like to see Billy Mays take on that concept.
I know at least a few people who are huge fans of Farscape. It's one of those shows that, I have to admit, I never even attempted to watch. At first glance, I didn't like the idea of crazy-looking aliens and thought it would just be too, I dunno, silly to get into. I know -- this coming from a guy who thinks Buffy is one of the greatest shows ever. Now that the show is gone and sci-fi fans still speak longingly about the series, I keep thinking I need to get the DVDs (all four seasons are, incidentally, already available). Might make a cool Retro Squad series here someday, no?
The Jim Henson Company has acquired the rights to John Chandler's The Skrumps. The company plans to create projects for both the Web and television with the quirky little monsters, including an animated program for television that will utilize the Henson Digital Performance Studio that allows puppeteers to manipulate CG characters in real-time.
The company has also added some new characters to the mix, such as Wishbone, lead singer of the band Grumblebelly, and Raisins, his adoring fan. You can see a music video featuring the characters on Yahoo Kids, as well as some video blogs. The new project is executive produced by Brian Henson, Lisa Henson, John Chandler and Craig Bartlett, creator of Hey, Arnold! Bartlett will also be a writer for the new project.
Based on the videos, I think little kids will probably love The Skrumps if they don't already know about the line of toys and books. The "real-time" animation technique is also interesting, if not somewhat limiting when compared to traditional animation.
Writer Paul Davidson always has run-ins with celebs out there in sunny California. Coffee shops, restaurants, convenience stores, supermarkets, and everywhere in between. But this time he actually worked with a celeb. Or, in this case, a future celeb.
Years ago, Davidson worked in the film department of The Jim Henson Company. Guess who worked at the same place, answering phones, delivering office mail, getting bottled water for people, etc? That's right, Prison Break's Wentworth Miller! (You can probably guess that from the title of my post). Davidson has all the details.
But Paul, come on...I actually like "Smuggler's Blues."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Is the Twin Twist Exposed?
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Searches for Tracy While The Ladies Get a Chance to Shine
- 'The Whispers' Recap: Drill's Secrets are Revealed
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Does Carly Steal Sutton's Thunder?
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Secret and Shawn's Jealous Rage
- More From BuddyTV
- USA Renews Chrisley Knows Best for Season 4 — Exclusive Sneak Peek
- Ratings: Island Hits Low With Finale, SYTYCD and Bachelorette Rise
- Degrassi's Farewell Promo Teases Prom, Graduation and More
- Mr. Robot Video: Evil Corp's Wannabe CTO Slaps (!) Himself Into Shape
- Teen Wolf Recap: Without a Tracy
- More From TVLine
- Scott Disick's Ex-Girlfriend, Chloe Bartoli, Attacked on Social Media Following Kourtney Kardashian Split
- EXCLUSIVE: Evangeline Lilly Packs a Punch in New ‘Ant-Man' Featurette
- Paula Deen in Hot Water for Posting Brownface Photo on Twitter
- EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: Brooks & Dunn's Kix Brooks Will Make You Hungry With New Show
- NSFW! Justin Bieber Bares His Butt on Instagram
- More From ET