Director Alfred Hitchcock once said, "Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it."
Yes, having a camera stuck in your face for an hour or more a day must take a toll on your sanity. Your privacy is virtually limited. Your every move is scrutinized and criticized by faceless meanies. Your therapist is one session away from owning his own fishing trawler.
It's only a matter of time before the grasp of sanity is clipped away like a loose thread on a homemade snowman sweater and you turn into a blubbering, snotty, incoherent mess for all the world to enjoy. These are the personalities who lost it and may or may not have gained whatever "it" is back.
So why do all of these movie commercials I see have a quote from him? And he's always going overboard on his quotes, calling this movie "the best" and that actor "the greatest" and this director "the best." As a few of us here have mentioned before, he's becoming more and more lame when it comes to the questions he asks his guests (not to mention he seems less interested now), and now he's reviewing films?
This would be like other talk show hosts and reporters giving quotes for movies.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 7?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Recap: Jax's Secret Campaign to Take Down Lin Begins
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Final Power of Veto?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Final Performances of Season 9
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: All Guns, No Roses
- Finding Carter EP Explains Season Finale Twists, Defends Max's Decision
- The Originals' Nathan Parsons to Lead Amazon Pilot From Lost Boss
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again
- New Girl Season 4 Premiere Recap: Say Yes to the Jess
- More From TVLine
- Julianna Margulies Sings Your Morning Announcements
- Beyonce and Jay Z Collaborating on New Album
- Bryan Cranston's MLB One-Man Show Will Make You Love Him Even More!
- NFLPA Formally Appeals Ray Rice's Indefinite Suspension
- Meredith Vieira Opens Up About Why She Stayed in an Abusive Relationship
- More From ET