This is rather stunning news.
ABC movie critic and entertainment editor Joel Siegel has died at the age of 63. He had been battling colon cancer for a very long time, since discovering he had it at age 57. His family and friends were with him when he died.
Siegel started at WABC-TV and then reviewed movies on Good Morning America He also authored the book Lessons For Dylan, a guidebook for his unborn son on how to live life. He was also one of the cofounders of Gilda's Club, along with Gene Wilder, who lost wife Gilda Radner to cancer.
Smith, who admits to obsessing over reviews, ripped Siegel on his MySpace blog, then confronted him on the "Opie & Anthony" radio show yesterday, calling what he did "unprofessional". TMZ has the audio of the shouting match, where Siegel doesn't realize he's even talking to Smith until a few minutes into the argument.
[via Pop Candy]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Wet Hot American Summer EPs Talk 'De-Aging' Process, Season 2 Hopes
- Lucy Lawless Stages Xena Reunion With Renee O'Connor — See the Photo
- Empire Season 2: Pop Star Becky G Lands Guest-Starring Role
- The Good Wife's Archie Panjabi Collars Brooklyn Nine-Nine Guest Stint
- Jessie Spinoff Sneak Peek: BUNK'D Forces the Rich Ross Kids to Rough It
- More From TVLine
- Lupita Nyong'o Will Make Her New York Stage Debut This Fall, in a Play Written by The Walking Dead's Michonne
- The Black Mass Trailer Is Like Being at a Party With Every Actor in Hollywood, All of Whom Want to Show You Their Amazing Boston Accents
- Paul F. Tompkins and Andy Daly Discuss Review, Podcasts, and Having a Career That's Supposed to Be Fun in and of Itself
- More from Vulture
- Did Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Ex-Nanny's Engagement End Because of the Actor?
- Exclusive: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Animated Short Reveals How Peter Quill Met Yondu
- Caitlyn Jenner Ditches Dresses for Racy Jumpsuit
- Jennifer Garner Spends Her Day Off Visiting Sick Children at Atlanta Hospital Amid Ben Affleck Nanny Rumors
- FLASHBACK: Paul Rudd and Molly Shannon Relive ‘WHAS' Real-Life Camp Experience
- More From ET