News Roundup: Anna Trebunskaya Thinks Kurt Warner Can Win 'Dancing With The Stars,' Joey Fatone Starts 'Glee' Campaign and More
'Dancing With the Stars' pro Trebunskaya told TV Guide that she and Warner could take the trophy home.
"Kurt's working really hard and has made a lot of strides in the past week alone," Trebunskaya said.
The judges have also noticed Warner's progress. "I definitely feel that his musicality, as Carrie Ann [Inaba] noticed, has improved the most," she said. "He's used to zoning out 50,000 people and not hearing any sound when he played football."
In other TV news ...
• Joey Fatone wants 'Glee' to tackle the music of 'NSYNC. The former boybander told People he'd be a great fit for the show, and so would the music of 'NSYNC. He's taken the campaign to Twitter and said fans are retweeting and supportive. [People]
• Lara Flynn Boyle is coming back to TV, but this time with a reality show. The 'Practice' veteran has secured a pilot presentation at E! for a show about her life in Hollywood and her life in Texas with husband Donald Ray Thomas II. [Deadline Hollywood]
• 'Blue Bloods' was the most-watched series on Friday night. The new Tom Selleck cop drama lost only 9 percent of its audience when compared to its premiere last week, pulling in 11.2 million viewers. Meanwhile, NBC's 'Outlaw' attracted 4.7 million, also down 9 percent from last week. [Deadline Hollywood]
Actually, by broadcast network standards, it's still doing horrible, but its 1.5 million viewer debut back in June on CMT was enough to make it the highest-rated series debut ever on the network. CMT is so excited with The Singing Bee, they've asked for 20 more installments. The show went country when it switched to CMT, dumping Joey Fatone in favor of Melissa Peterman (Reba) as host, and focusing more on the sad, sad lyrics that make up country music.
If I were NBC, I'd go ahead and get excited about this. Sure, they canceled the show and it was performing horribly for them. But by doing so, they created a big hit for CMT. And they can still claim that their show outlasted FOX's copycat. Sort of. Well, not really.
I didn't know the American Grammy Award-nominated R&B singer before last week's premiere of Circus so I had no expectations. Even if I was mildly amused by the feature that showed her trying to learn her first performance, The Spanish Web, in between her sleeping here, there and everywhere and being lazy, and was somewhat entertained by her demonstration on the show, Blu Cantrell can't count me out as a potential fan of hers.
If you haven't watched this week's episode, stop reading now.
Here are the "celebrities" who have agreed to participate:
- Christopher Knight, aka 'Peter Brady'
- Rachel Hunter, model
- Antonio Sabato Jr.,
- Blu Cantrell, singer
- Janet Evans, Olympic swimmer
- Jason "Wee Man" Acuna, of Jackass fame
When I opened the box and the hermetically sealed canister within, what I saw made me fear that I had just unleashed some unseen beast unto my unsuspecting family. As it turns out, only my dog was in danger.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- So the Emmys are going to be younger, fresher, more enthusiastic this year. What does that look like? Joey Fatone.
- The Heroes world tour might be coming to a city near you! Probably not, but maybe.
- Mark Burnett's new game show sounds kind of boring.
Don't Forget the Lyrics! is a karaoke-themed game show that is similar to one on NBC called The Singing Bee. Both premiered to decent ratings and fellow TV Squadder, Isabelle, prefers The Singing Bee over Fox's version. I only saw the premiere of Don't Forget the Lyrics! and I found it very entertaining, but that had to do with the entomologist contestant who knew all the words to the Jackson 5's A-B-C and wanted to buy a microscope with her winnings.
So kudos to NBC for making a smart move by having its all-star gala on the roof of the Beverly Hilton's parking lot. It's an elevator ride away and the area is wide open. The party music isn't so loud that it's going to drown out any interviews. Nice.
Swag alert: guests received mini handheld fans upon arriving, but they weren't really needed because there was a nice evening breeze in the air.
If we're supposed to like Chuck, Levi's well cast in the role. He has a self-effacing way about him, especially when asked if he's bulked up over the last few years. He jokes he's eaten a lot of pizza and doesn't work out as much as he should.
Co-star Adam Baldwin is asked a question pretty much everyone knows the answer to. No, he's not related to the famous acting Baldwin brothers of Long Island. Baldwin jokes he hopes to meet Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) now that they're both on NBC so they can settle this in person.
Now that both premieres aired it's time to decide if you'll be a singing bee or you'll try to not forget the lyrics.
Are you ready to sing like a bee? NBC hopes you are as starting on Tuesday, July 10, the network will air The Singing Bee. In a press release sent earlier today, the network confirms that Joey Fatone will host this sing-along variety game show.
(S04E19) After ten weeks, nineteen episodes, and an uncountable number of teases about results coming after the break, it all came down to tonight. As we have come to expect from the finale, ABC pulled out all the stops, bringing back all of the contestants, the pros, and the past champions. Also expected, they allotted an hour more airtime than they really needed, which led to a night that was heavy with pre-taped packages.
With only three teams left, and the big disco ball on the line, each team has three performances to do this week. One is held off for the results show, but tonight we got to see each of them in the Judge's Choice round, and the much anticipated Freestyle. Let's get to it.
(S04E17) This week's elimination wasn't exactly shocking, but there was a lot of suspense leading up to the final announcement. There was also a ton of filler, and not the entertaining Kenny Mayne-style filler. In the recap of Monday's performances, we learned that Julianne snorts when she laughs, which only makes her more adorable.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.20 Photos: Tony and Zoe Partner Up for a Case
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Latin Night and the Second Elimination
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Taps Doctor Who Alum as Time Traveler Rip Hunter
- Flash Boss, Mark Hamill Preview the Trickster's Return, Rogues' Alliance
- Nashville Photos: 'Deyna' in Despair, Juliette's Baby Shower of Fury
- Reality Check: Who's Rising (and Falling) on American Idol? Plus: Best Season of The Voice Ever?
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Swoops In and Casts Pippin Star as Hawkgirl
- More From TVLine
- Will Zayn Malik's Solo Album Be Released by Simon Cowell's Label?
- Debby Ryan Debuts New Hair Color, Offers to Replace Zayn in One Direction
- Shawn Mendes on His 'Crazy' Fans, Debut Album and Celebrity Crush
- Saying Goodbye to 'Hot in Cleveland': The Ladies Reveal Who's Naughtiest On Set
- ET Surprises Reba McEntire for Her 60th Birthday
- More From ET