More comics, more anime and more sci-fi -- what more could a genre geek ask for? Last year's wraparound lineups and record-setting crowds finally persuaded the people behind Toronto's annual genre convention -- Fan Expo --to add an extra day. It now starts on Thursday instead of Friday, and runs from August 25 to 28.
Good thing too, since there are more high-profile guests and "one time only" events than there have ever been. Whether you're a fan of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, gaming or all of the above, there is bound to be something for everyone.
Comic fans are in for some big announcements from Marvel and DC, and horror fans will get an exclusive screening of 'Near Dark,' the cult horror film from Best Director Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow. Plus, William Shatner returns to the big screen with documentary 'The Captains,' which features interviews with everyone who has ever piloted the Starship Enterprise.
This is just a taste of what's to come at this year's Fan Expo. For the true highlights of this year's convention, hit the jump.
Maybe that's because TV dads never spend much time at work. (We're pretty sure everyone's fathers would sign up for that!) Step into the wonderful make-believe world where every day is Father's Day, and join us as we count down our 20 favorite TV dads.
Good news and bad news for Addams Family fans. MGM is going to start releasing episodes of the series on October 24. Now the bad news: they won't be season sets.
Instead, they are releasing them in "volumes." For example, the first set released will be 22 episodes. But the first season of the show was 34 episodes, so the other eight will be on the second set, probably released next year. Now, this isn't completely bad, as if they're releasing the episodes out of order or "best of" or anything like that. I just think most DVD fans like to have an orderly process to their DVD releases, to have one set be a complete season (or two complete seasons or a complete series set). Not sure why they would do it this way, but I guess it's not too bad.
There will also be some extras in the set, including an episode commentary from director Arthur Hiller.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.23 Photos: The Team Closes in on the Terrorist Group Recruiting Children
- 'Dance Moms' Finale Recap: Does the ALDC Win Their Last Hometown Competition?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: The Inhuman War Begins
- 'iZombie' Recap: Liv and Ravi's First Fight
- 'The Flash' Recap: Iris Joins Team Flash as Grodd the Gorilla Comes into Play
- More From BuddyTV
- Person of Interest EPs Talk Finale's 'Insidious' Corrections, the 'Terrifying Dystopia' (Hopefully) to Come
- Undateable Goes Live: Ed Sheeran, the Scrubs Cast and 17 More Key Moments
- Forever Boss Talks Henry's Paralyzing Twist, What Jo Knows, Season 2 Plans
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Recap: Inhuman Target — Who Died? And Who Left the Team?
- The Flash Recap: Kneel Before Grodd — The 10 Most Bananas Moments
- More From TVLine
- Sofia Vergara Reveals Sleeps Naked In Hilarious Round of 'Catchphrase'
- U2 Surprises NYC Subway Riders With Free Concert
- Beyonce's Most Revealing Fashions
- See the Moment Jill Duggar's Water Breaks in '19 Kids and Counting' Special
- Katy Perry Is a Kardashian Defender: They Are 'Completely Valid'
- More From ET