John Gibson, the mentally unbalanced guy who hosts a daily show on FOX News, went even more overboard on his radio show (syndicated by Fox Radio Network) yesterday.
Gibson opened his radio show with funeral march music and an audio clip from Brokeback Mountain, then said "Well, he found out how to quit you," referring to the line Ledger says in the movie to Jake Gyllenhaal. He then said that Ledger was a "weirdo" and speculated that he killed himself either because he had money in the stock market or because he watched the Obama/Clinton debate. Joe Scarborough played the audio on his MSNBC show this morning and had some comments of his own for Gibson, saying the comments were "as callous and harsh as anything I've ever heard" and "unspeakably rude."
John, maybe you should just stick to worrying about the non-existent "war on Christmas" you talk about every year?
The latest from the land of CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News:
1. Jeff Greenfield is leaving CNN. He's going over to CBS to become part of their Election 2008 (or whatever CBS is calling it) coverage. The Washington Post's Howard Kurtz says that Greenfield hasn't been too happy with the way CNN has been using him lately.
2. Dan Abrams to lose his title at MSNBC. Last year he got a promotion from on-air host/analyst to general manager, but it looks like Abrams will lose that title when the cable network moves from New Jersey to 30 Rock in NYC. The move probably won't happen until the end of the year.
3. Nancy Grace and John Gibson news. Both of their shows (Grace on CNN Headline News and Gibson over on FOX News) had "Breaking News" reports that Michael Jackson was really ill in the hospital, when he actually is just a little sick and not in the hospital at all. Yet more evidence that the "Breaking News" and "This Just In" and "Developing News" graphics are waaaaay overused. Don't the networks use judgment anymore?
[via TV Newser]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- ?Heroes Reborn?: The 15 Most Exciting Quotes from 'The Needs of the Many'
- More From BuddyTV
- Fox Trims Minority Report Episode Order Amid Ratings Woes
- Reign Season 3 Premiere Recap: Liars and Tigers and Queens, Oh My
- Blindspot Snags Full-Season Order
- Agent Carter Season 2: Outlander Actress Cast as Jarvis' Wife
- More From TVLine
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET