Yep, according to the NY Post, Piers Morgan is having difficulties getting a visa so he can fill King's chair. The plan was to have Morgan in place this fall in either October or November, but the visa problems have obviously caused delays. Morgan has a limited work visa for his summer gig as a judge on 'America's Got Talent,' but that would not carryover for him to work year-round for CNN.
CNN has not set an official date for King's last episode, nor have they named Morgan as the replacement.
In other TV news ...
• John Glover will reprise his role of Lionel Luthor on The CW's 'Smallville.' Glover's character was killed off in season 7. There's no word on what his two-episode arc will entail. Look for Glover's episodes in November. [Ausiello Files]
• 'Numb3rs' star Diane Farr has signed on to guest on 'Grey's Anatomy.' Farr will appear in the fourth episode as a patient of Meredith's with Huntington's disease. [Ausiello Files]
• Ad buyers think 'American Idol' will suffer a ratings decline. A new survey found that ad buyers think Simon Cowell's exit will contribute to a decline in the ratings. Over half of those surveyed think the show will no longer be No.1 in Nielsen ratings. [Reality Blurred]
(S03E19) The hunter storyline reached a pivotal climax tonight, and there were lots of twists and turns along the way. The bottom line: Heroes produced another excellent chapter in this volume, and I'm sure we'll be reading soon about how horrible the ratings are and how the show is on the bubble for renewal. Honestly, I'm not sure if the sour taste of two bad volumes in a row has rendered the improvements irrelevant. Perhaps the show is doomed.
I'd hate to think so because it really is as sharp and exciting as it was during its inaugural season. The problem is figuring out how to lure those viewers back who've given up on the show. A guest appearance by John Glover, above, would be nice but it didn't seem to be too highly promoted. I get that it was an important plot twist, but still. NBC renewing and heavily promoting the fact of that renewal could help. We all know how quick people are to jump off of a dying show. If NBC shows some real faith in the show, it at least couldn't hurt it. Maybe, too, they should consider moving it from the Monday night logjam.
Pushing Daisies creator/producer Bryan Fuller is back at the show. He worked on the show in the first season, and now he's coming back to work on it again starting with episode 19, a few episodes into the "Fugitives" chapter. In this interview over at Entertainment Weekly, Fuller acknowledges that the show has had several problems the past year. He's well aware of them, and he has some ideas on how to fix it.
Tim Kring and his team over at Heroes HQ have had a tough go of it in 2008. There was the unfortunate bungling of a joke that garnered more ill will, another apology and promise that things will get better, some firings, and, of course, those ratings numbers that just seem to keep dropping. But you know what they say, "It's always darkest before the dawn."
So, rather than put the boots to the show one more time, how about some news that brings with it a sign of good things to come? When last we left our heroes, Sylar had used his newly acquired lie detecting powers to determine that Arthur isn't his father. I'm sure the wave of relief that came with knowing he wasn't related to Peter was glorious. Even better than that, now we know who will be taking on the role of Pa Sylar.
(S06E16) The wedding bells that have been ringing in the promos for this episode also sound like funeral bells ringing, is that a coincidence? We may never know. Anyhow, it's finally here, the Lex & Lana wedding that we've all been dreading/waiting for.
Did that scene of Lex and Lana watching the ultrasound creep anyone else out? It's scary to know what might come ripping out of that womb. I keep picturing that scene from Alien over and over in my head. I also hope that the photo Clark whipped out the window didn't end up decapitating someone in Malaysia. He really put some heat behind it.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules and Other Stars from the Franchise to Grace Rose Parade
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian Denies She Kicked Out Her Brother Rob Out of Her House
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- More From BuddyTV