Ferguson starts off with a totally normal question. He asks what John has been up to lately. Mr. Malkovich replies that he starred in an opera about an Austrian serial killer. Okay, that's weird. Craig wants to know if John can sing -- since singing is a requirement if you're in an opera. "... Um, no," John says. He's in a musical but he can't sing. This is getting weirder.
It's never explained, however, why John Malkovich is greeting him in heaven. Unless it's not supposed to be Malkovich and is just a character he's playing. [via Adfreak]
(S34E10) The majority of this episode was pretty good. John Malkovich didn't contain the same contagious energy as other hosts this season, like Anne Hathaway or Tim McGraw, but infused the episode with his own... Malkovich-ness. Anyone that has seen his work knows what I'm talking about. I especially liked it when he introduced the musical guest(s), because it was hilariously obvious that he's never heard of any of these guys. Speaking of the musical guests, does T.I. really have a song about waving Gucci scarves in the air instead of dancing at the club? I feel like that's more of a surefire way to get shot at a club than carrying a gun in your sweatpants.
His character is a forensic scientist, like Grissom, but don't expect him to have Gil's fascination with insects. No, Fishburne's man has other bugs: he's a former pathologist and college lecturer who's focused on why people commit acts of violence. It should be interesting to see how his preoccupation with the why integrates with the other CSI gang who are all Grissom-trained and generally obsessed with how a crime is done and who done it.
Fishburne will be introduced in the ninth episode when his character meets members of the CSI team during a murder investigation and ends up joining them.
Petersen will be returning for occasional guest appearances, but will the show ever be the same? Maybe not, but it doesn't have to die a slow, painful death either.
Laurence Fishburne is in talks to succeed Peterson as the star of the show, and I think he has the chops to do it. His monologue in the feature film Bobby gave me goosebumps and turned me into a diehard fan.
CBS executive session: Peterson's CSI departure, Moonlight fans, and a different sensibility - TCA Report
Anyway, she addressed the departure of William Peterson from CSI, just about right off the bat, giving the gathered writers a clue as to the nature of the character who will be coming in to fill his void. Oh, and Tassler is studying to become a cantor. For some reason, a reporter asked her about that.
We told you yesterday about William Petersen leaving his role as Gil Grissom on CBS' CSI. Now comes word that a bunch of actors have either been asked to take his place or have at least been talked about taking his place.
First on the list is John Malkovich, who was actually asked to take over the role but said 'no' (that would have made him a strong contender for this award next year). Other names that have been brought up include Kurt Russell and Laurence Fishburne.
Wow, those are two exciting names, actually. Two strong movie actors with TV ties. I can picture both of them in the role and really giving the show a little jolt. Personally, I think they should hire Tim Daly, have the team go private, and change the show's title to Eyes.
After the jump, some more names that might be added to the list...
Lost producers have said that Perrineau, who plays Michael, still has a role in the show. But, last we saw him he betrayed his friends to get his son back and was driving off into the sunset in The Others' boat.
"Revenge of the Birds": The ol' H5-NI fear has been running rampant and the government finally stepped up and released its plans to combat any potential outbreak in the National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza report. Here's a synopsis: "We dunno what to do, we dunno what to do, we dunno!" Jon suggested an alternate title for the Strategy... "RUN!"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Burn Notice' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Michael Suffers from the Deal He Made
- 10 Former Contestants Who Should Be 'American Idol' Judges
- 20 TV Characters To Have a Summer Fling With
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9: First Impressions of Desiree's 25 Men
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- More From BuddyTV
- Farrah Abraham's new show a 'reality docu-soap' with Spinboi Films
- The 'Arrow' cast says goodbye to Tommy Merlyn: Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, and more weigh in on Colin Donnell
- Will @RobbieAmell & @amellywood get competitive on The CW? Watch the vid!
- 'Arrow' star Stephen Amell talks finale death: 'I had panic attacks and nightmares about that scene'
- 'Luther' Season 3, David Tennant's 'Broadchurch' lead BBC America summer schedule
- More From Zap2it
- Rookie Blue: Missy Peregrym on Andy and Nick's 'Connection,' Working With Sam's New Squeeze
- Video: Arrested Development Cast on the Brazen, 'Banged-Up' and Possibly Blue-d Bluths
- Fall TV Scoop: CBS Orders Bad Teacher to Series
- Homeland Exclusive: Boss Actress Joins Season 3 Cast as Carrie's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Pretty Little Liars Lands Rumer Willis, Gossip Guy Visits Copper and More!
- More From TVLine