This morning on 'Today' (weekdays at 7AM ET on NBC), Mayer talked to Matt Lauer about what he has learned from the various things he has said in public about his life and/or other celebrities (for example, he once described ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson as "sexual napalm"). That's how TV hosts get a celeb to talk about something juicy and gossipy, disguise it as a question about what that celeb has "learned" from the experience.
It looks like he's wearing pajama bottoms.
"It's ... embarrassing," Simpson said of Mayer's comment, "because I'll walk into a restaurant or something and I'll notice that more men are looking at me, but I feel like they're undressing me."
Watch the video after the jump.
"If he just put it in a song, probably no one would have even paid attention, but he actually said it, so now we're all up in arms," Elisabeth Hasselbeck said of Mayer's comments. This inspires Whoopi Goldberg to bust out an impromptu ditty on Mayer's privates.
Watch the video after the jump.
"Mandation isn't even a word. It sounds like something our President Bush would say," the impersonator said, then lapsing into a spot-on Bush impression.
I've written many times here about how much I hate the tabloid shows, whether it's Access Hollywood, TMZ, or Entertainment Tonight. One of the worst is ET's sister show, The Insider. Besides having a despicable host (Pat O'Brien -- what's with that little fake laugh he does all the time?) and the lamest writing this side of a junior high student newspaper, it's also evil and dumb.
Take last night's episode. I don't watch the show, but I didn't get to my remote quick enough to change the channel after the news ended and I caught the teaser opening. They showed singer John Mayer with a gun to his head, a rather raw photograph that looked like it was taken across the street from a bank. Was Mayer being held hostage in a holdup? Was one of Jennifer Aniston's exes there telling him not to see her anymore? OMG! Stay tuned to this breaking news!
- At 8, CBS has a new Pirate Master.
- FOX has a new Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader at 8, followed by a new So You Think You Can Dance.
- History Channel has a new Mega Movers at 8.
- At 9, USA has a new Starter Wife.
- Lifetime has the new movie My Baby Is Missing at 9.
- There's a new movie on Hallmark at 9 too: Love's Unending Legacy.
- At 10, NBC has a new Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
- Sundance Channel has a new Live From Abbey Road at 10, with John Mayer and Norah Jones.
Check your local TV listings for more.
According to the article, if the song is new and/or hip, you'll likely won't hear it on the show. The idea is that a) Scranton may be a little behind the curve on new music and that b) since the songs are coming out of speakers and iPods and car radios instead of floating in the background, the selections have to be in tune with what the show's characters like and dislike. Dwight, for instance, probably won't be listening to The Shins or The Decemberists.
Well, it worked, and John Mayer is now a Dundie winner ("Tallest Music Dude"). That was a pretty clever move! Not only did he get his work on one of his favorite shows, but he also made his way into the annals of Dundie history. Nice work, Mayer. I commend you.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Aquarius' Official Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.7 Photos: Will Alison Win the Election for School Trustee?
- Summer 2015's Sexiest Stars: TV's Hottest Women
- 5 Juicy Tidbits Andy Cohen Wants You to Know About 'The Real Housewives'
- [Video] 'Bones' Sneak Peek: Missing Booth and a Tense Conversation at the Diner
- More From BuddyTV
- Golan the Insatiable Sneak Peek: Rob Riggle, Aubrey Plaza Preview Their Twisted Monster-Child Friendship
- Denise Richards Going Full Cougar for New CW Comedy Significant Mother
- Longmire Season 4: Ally Walker Lands Mystery Role, as Series Heads to Netflix
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 12's Judges (and Mentors) Get Glam!
- TVLine Items: Jimmy Smits Gets Down, Grace and Frankie Renewed and More
- More From TVLine
- Alec Baldwin Gets 'Mildly Depressed' When He's Away From His Family
- EXCLUSIVE: Sorry 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn, There's Another Romance Brewing in the Mansion!
- Amy Schumer Goes After Bill Cosby During 'Inside Amy Schumer'
- Bruce Jenner Responds to Wrongful Death Suit
- Cher, 69, Is Fiercer Than Ever as the New Face of Marc Jacobs
- More From ET