This morning on 'Today' (weekdays at 7AM ET on NBC), Mayer talked to Matt Lauer about what he has learned from the various things he has said in public about his life and/or other celebrities (for example, he once described ex-girlfriend Jessica Simpson as "sexual napalm"). That's how TV hosts get a celeb to talk about something juicy and gossipy, disguise it as a question about what that celeb has "learned" from the experience.
It looks like he's wearing pajama bottoms.
"It's ... embarrassing," Simpson said of Mayer's comment, "because I'll walk into a restaurant or something and I'll notice that more men are looking at me, but I feel like they're undressing me."
Watch the video after the jump.
"If he just put it in a song, probably no one would have even paid attention, but he actually said it, so now we're all up in arms," Elisabeth Hasselbeck said of Mayer's comments. This inspires Whoopi Goldberg to bust out an impromptu ditty on Mayer's privates.
Watch the video after the jump.
"Mandation isn't even a word. It sounds like something our President Bush would say," the impersonator said, then lapsing into a spot-on Bush impression.
I've written many times here about how much I hate the tabloid shows, whether it's Access Hollywood, TMZ, or Entertainment Tonight. One of the worst is ET's sister show, The Insider. Besides having a despicable host (Pat O'Brien -- what's with that little fake laugh he does all the time?) and the lamest writing this side of a junior high student newspaper, it's also evil and dumb.
Take last night's episode. I don't watch the show, but I didn't get to my remote quick enough to change the channel after the news ended and I caught the teaser opening. They showed singer John Mayer with a gun to his head, a rather raw photograph that looked like it was taken across the street from a bank. Was Mayer being held hostage in a holdup? Was one of Jennifer Aniston's exes there telling him not to see her anymore? OMG! Stay tuned to this breaking news!
- At 8, CBS has a new Pirate Master.
- FOX has a new Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader at 8, followed by a new So You Think You Can Dance.
- History Channel has a new Mega Movers at 8.
- At 9, USA has a new Starter Wife.
- Lifetime has the new movie My Baby Is Missing at 9.
- There's a new movie on Hallmark at 9 too: Love's Unending Legacy.
- At 10, NBC has a new Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
- Sundance Channel has a new Live From Abbey Road at 10, with John Mayer and Norah Jones.
Check your local TV listings for more.
According to the article, if the song is new and/or hip, you'll likely won't hear it on the show. The idea is that a) Scranton may be a little behind the curve on new music and that b) since the songs are coming out of speakers and iPods and car radios instead of floating in the background, the selections have to be in tune with what the show's characters like and dislike. Dwight, for instance, probably won't be listening to The Shins or The Decemberists.
Well, it worked, and John Mayer is now a Dundie winner ("Tallest Music Dude"). That was a pretty clever move! Not only did he get his work on one of his favorite shows, but he also made his way into the annals of Dundie history. Nice work, Mayer. I commend you.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.17 Photos: Sam and Cas Investigate the Mark of Cain
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.19 Photos: Everyone Observes a Big Surgery
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Psychic in the Soup'
- More From BuddyTV
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- Ratings: Grimm Hits Low, Cristela Slips, Hart of Dixie Finale Flat
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Jane the Virgin, Forever and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln
- Hart of Dixie Season Finale Recap: Happy Endings
- More From TVLine
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Arrivals
- Special Delivery! Nick Jonas Brings Booze to LA Partygoers
- Tom Brady Freaks Out Fans With Death-Defying Cliff Dive Video
- Josh Duhamel Wishes Fergie a Happy 40th in a Very Sweet Way
- Raven-Symone Says DNA Test Proves She's 'From Every Continent in Africa Except for One'
- More From ET