July 1, 2015
by Jane Boursaw, posted Oct 25th 2009 10:03AM
While perusing around SlashControl tonight, I nearly stopped breathing when I came across Babylon 5. Not just a few episodes or even one or two seasons. All five seasons, 99 episodes total.
My sci-fi-loving mom taped the entire series on VHS, and I have the first few seasons on DVD. But what a thrill to find it on SlashControl. If you're not familiar with J. Michael Straczynski's groundbreaking show, it takes place in the year 2258, ten years after an Earth-Minbari War. Commander Jeffrey Sinclair (Michael O'Hare) takes command of a giant five-mile-long cylindrical space station, orbiting a planet in neutral space.
by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 5th 2008 11:04AM
During our Buffy the Vampire Slayer Retro Squad week, I put out a call for an episode of Buffy a newbie could watch to get a feel for the show. And you guys came through in a big way. Most insisted it was a show that needed to be watched from the beginning, but at the same time warned that there was some cheese-factor in those early episodes. Your votes pushed me to "Hush," which I found to be incredibly enjoyable and a perfect introduction to the cleverness and tone of the show. Even better, it made me that much more eager to go back and watch the entire run of the show.
In the comments to that piece Doug Nelson asked if someone could do something similar for Babylon 5. That got me thinking about other serialized shows of this nature like The X-Files, The West Wing and to an extent Doctor Who and Quantum Leap. We're a community of TV-lovers here, so we should help each other out. Thus, the TVS Starter Kits. And for Doug Nelson, it starts with Babylon 5.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: Reactions to This Week's Cry Fest
- NeNe Leakes on 'RHOA': 'I Don't Know If the Show Will Survive Without Me'
- Eliminated 'Bachelorette' Suitors JJ Lane and Tanner Tolbert Join 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- Vicki Gunvalson on Leaving 'RHOC': 'I've Thought About It'
- 'Secrets and Wives' Recap: Susan and Amy Defend Their Men
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Zoo Opens With a Decent Roar
- Fall TV: Lady Gaga vs. Nashville, and Wednesday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Dukes of Hazzard Dropped by TV Land: Bad Rap for the Good Ol' Boys?
- MythBusters Summer Return Date Set; Watch Explosive Premiere Teaser
- Scream Series Premiere: Will You Give MTV's Whodunit Another Stab?
- More From TVLine