In the past few weeks, we've had "Johnny Knoxville's Letters to His Brother" and "Ten Reasons Why You, Audrey Tautou, Gamine French Star of Amelie, Should Date Me, Teddy Wayne." Yesterday brought a real gem, however, in the form of "Aaron Sorkin Visits a Dental Hygienist."
Giving Ken Levine's "If Aaron Sorkin wrote a show about baseball..." post a run for its money, author Jack Pendarvis unpacks the Sorkin banter tactics with an extended Poulenc reference. A sample exchange:
If anything, "Jackbutt" sounds much nastier -- downright skanky even. I don't know why they didn't go with "Jackposterior" or "Jackrearend" -- too many letters maybe. There will probably never be a movie of the CBS sitcom The Class, which is fortunate, because what could they call it at this theater? "The Cl-butt" just makes no sense at all.
I never watched Jackass when it was on television (is it still on?), so I had no interest in seeing it when it hit the big screen a few years ago. Now Jackass 2 is out, and the boys hit the red carpet the other night for the premiere. And Steve-O decided to turn the red carpet a little yellow while he was there.
Click this link to see Steve-O urinating on the red carpet. That's right, actually urinating. Reuters had the story, but they took down the pic that went with it. Luckily, Gawker has it. (Note: NSFW or anyplace else.)
Well this was a pleasant surprise. After the past few mediocre episodes (save for the handful of great sketches in last week's Baldwin explosion), I wasn't expecting much from this. Sure, Jack Black is great and all, but lately I've just come to expect to be disappointed from SNL. Fortunately, the writers put together a nice set of laughs (and a couple extra guests) which is a good thing since this is the last episode we're getting until Scarlett Johansson hosts on January 14th.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Revenge Goes Pink, The Goldbergs Find 'Somebody to Love' and More TV Tunes
- Ratings: Bruce Jenner Interview Draws Nearly 17 Million Viewers to ABC
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Tony Hale
- Bruce Jenner's E! Docuseries About Transition Gets Summer Premiere Date
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer, 'I Am a Woman' in 20/20 Interview Special
- More From TVLine
- Donald Faison and CaCee Cobb Welcome Baby Girl
- EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Jenner's Second Wife Linda Thompson Commends ABC Interview
- Laverne Cox Calls Bruce Jenner Brave & More Celebs React on Social Media
- 17 Million People Tune In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- More From ET