According to Entertainment Weekly, the actor will drop by the USA series for an episode as the manager of a minor league baseball team who hires Shawn to investigate the death of his team's hitting coach.
Also appearing in the episode are former baseball pro Wade Boggs and 'Fairly Legal' star Michael Trucco.
In other TV news ...
• Meet your newest Nickelodeon star: Cymphonique Miller. The 14-year-old will play the lead in the new musical comedy series 'How to Rock,' based on the book 'How to Rock Braces and Glasses.' The new show will debut in 2012. [Deadline]
• Lindsay Sloane has booked a recurring role on 'Weeds.' She'll play Maxeen, a New York artist and love interest for Andy. [TV Line]
• Jon Heder, the man also known as Napoleon Dynamite, will play the lead in 'Gulliver Quinn,' a live-action comedy on Disney XD. He'll star as a grown man who returns from his parents' scientific expedition in India and needs to finish seventh grade. Heder will produce the series, which is written by Dan Kopelman ('Malcolm In the Middle'). [Disney XD]
Sanchez has tapped Chris Gethard, who has a small role in their summer action comedy 'The Other Guys,' to replace Heder in the sitcom, which is now tentatively called 'Big Lake.'
Gethard is far from Heder's level of fame (his other project this summer is 'It's Not You' with Shannon Elizabeth and Steve Guttenberg), but Gethard comes with an impressive pedigree outside of television. He's a staple at the Upright Citizen's Brigade in New York (the New York Times recently featured one of his more inventive shows).
That's because, according to the Ausiello Files, Heder has abruptly dropped out of his latest project, an untitled Comedy Central sitcom produced by Heder's 'Blades of Glory' co-star Will Ferrell. Set to begin production within the month, the series was to star Heder as a man who moves back in with his parents. Now those plans are on hold thanks to that dreaded Hollywood disease, creative differences.
Parnell will play a "burned-out high school teacher," and Sanz as an ex-convict, both friends of Heder's character, whom he enlists to help with said unidentified dream, which somehow involves saving their home town of "Big Lake" (no word where that is). The show is set to premiere sometime this fall.
Hopefully, the sitcom won't prevent Parnell from appearing on '30 Rock' as Dr. Spaceman (pronounced "spuhcheman"), one of the show's more interesting cameos. And we'll get to see what Sanz looks like when he's not trying to keep himself from laughing.
Heder exploded onto the entertainment scene when Dynamite made more than $40 million on the indie movie circuit after costing less than a million to produce. He went on to star opposite Ferrell in the less funny figure skating movie, Blades of Glory. Now Ferrell will shepherd Heder's first TV venture.
The show doesn't have a title yet, but it reportedly feature Heder as "an out-of-work IT specialist who leaves the city and returns to his small hometown to live with his parents and younger brother."
(S03E20) "And Barry Schmo heads home with an empty sack!" - Announcer at Bagging Competition
You would think now that Earl and Billie are married, Earl would expect some changes. Of course, everyone has little annoying habits, but we all know compromise is what makes a marriage work. I have to admit, though, the Van Halen thing would be a deal breaker in my house.
That fact that Earl is already getting irritated by Billie just proves the old adage, "Show me the most beautiful woman in the world and I'll show you a guy who's tired of F-ing her."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Fuller House: Bob Saget Officially Boards Netflix Revival Series
- Aquarius: Is NBC's Charles Manson Drama Groovy or Gruesome?
- Wayward Pines Recap: Invasion of the Body Snatcher
- Heroes Reborn Adds Covert Affairs Alumna in Enigmatic Role
- Shadowhunters Adds Being Human's Jon Cor as Hodge Starkweather
- More From TVLine
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch Up for Sale for a Whopping $100 Million
- 5 Uncomfortable Duggar Moments From the Family's Life in the Spotlight
- Reese Witherspoon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair Have Amazing 'Cruel Intentions' Reunion!
- Bob Saget Is Officially In for Netflix's 'Full House' Reboot!
- 'Big Bang Theory' Sets Up Math & Science Scholarship at UCLA
- More From ET