It was called Throb, and it was about the goings-on at an indie record label. It focused mostly on a single mom, played by Diana Canova, who was cute and always good in everything she did. I can't remember one single plot from the show, other than the basic plot that ran throughout the whole show, Canova's attempt to juggle being a single mom and also running a business (and dealing with the cast of characters at the label, of course).
After the executive session, CBS continued immediately with its jam-packed day of press tour, introducing four new shows and taking a look at returning hits Shark and How I Met Your Mother.
First up, the all-star cast of Cane, a prime time soap that's been compared to The Sopranos and Dallas, starring Jimmy Smits, Hector Elizondo and Rita Moreno, takes the platform.
Smits, who also serves as co-executive producer, stars as Alex, a man who's married to his "sister" (Alex is adopted), prompting executive producer and perpetual funnyman Jonathan Prince to call creator/e.p. Cynthia Cidre -- "Woody."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Happy National Burger Day! Chow Down With Your Fave Fast Food-Loving Celebs
- 6 Stars Who Owe Their Careers to Taylor Swift
- ‘Game of Thrones' Actress Sophie Turner Gets to 'Kick Some Ass' in ‘Barely Lethal'
- Demi Lovato on Battling Bipolar Disorder: 'Recovery Is Possible'
- Rick Santorum on Josh Duggar Sex Scandal: 'I'm Sickened By It'
- More From ET