According to EW, the 'Saturday Night Live' veteran has been upped from a recurring guest star to series regular for the rest of the season.
Gasteyer plays Sheila Shay, George and Tessa's neighbor, on the new hit ABC comedy. The actress described her character as a "well-intended nightmare."
Look for more of Sheila's good intentions to backfire in upcoming episodes.
In other TV news ...
Mark Cuban's HDNet channel has bought the rights to the cancelled NBC series The Black Donnellys.
The first episode of the series will air on Wednesday, June 13, at 8pm. Not only will HDNet air the episodes that were shown on NBC earlier this year, they will also run the seven episodes that never aired.
I wasn't a big fan of The Black Donnellys, but I really like the idea of having so many cable networks that short-lived shows can live on in some way. I still like the idea of have the Short-Lived Channel, a network devoted to all the shows that lasted 1 or 2 seasons. Imagine what that line-up would look like!
[via TV Tattle]
Another day, another show put on hiatus.
This time, it's The Black Donnellys. The NBC family crime drama, which replaced Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (itself currently on hiatus), will go on hiatus starting April 23. The show hasn't been doing too well in the ratings in the Monday at 10 slot.
And I know you're wondering: will Studio 60 return? Nope, at least not in that time slot. But for you fans of reality show, you're in luck! The Real Wedding Crashers, a new reality show based on the hit movie, will air in the Monday at 10 slot. NBC was going to put it on another night but they liked it so much (so much!!) that they're going to put it on after Heroes. The April 23 date is also the day that Heroes returns.
So, two quality dramas are put on the shelf, next to months of old boxes of macaroni and cheese, so another reality show can debut early. Fantastic.
If the overnight ratings are any indication, NBC now has another drama they're not going to know what to do with.
The premiere of The Black Donnellys, taking over the Monday at 10pm slot from Studio 60, started off well, with 10 million viewers, but then it seems a lot of viewers didn't like what they saw and the number of viewers in the second half hour dropped to 6 million (though I think the rating was better than what Studio 60 has been getting).
It still amazes me that over 6 million viewers is considered a "failure," but I guess that's why I'm not a network exec.
It's not good when the premiere episode of a show starts losing viewers so quickly halfway through. I wonder what's up with Monday at 10pm. Is it the time slot? Are people worn out after Heroes? Is CSI: Miami that strong?
[via TV Tattle]
(S01E01) I have a confession to make.
I'm an idiot and didn't re-prioritize some Season Passes My TiVo failed to record the first 15 minutes of The Black Donnellys and I missed it. Not the gesture of someone who is supposed to write up a review, I know.
Luckily for me, NBC has been like the pushy neighborhood crack dealer with this show and airs no less than 10 promos an hour and has a healthy web presence, which has already spawned a number of fan sites which made it easy to familiarize myself with what I missed.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- Downton Abbey EP Talks 'High-Stakes' Season 5, Mary's Long Road to the Altar
- Graceland Sneak Peek: With Paige Missing, Is Mike Too Hot to Handle?
- Sneak Peek: Almost Royal Finale Serves Up a (Macabre?) Music Video
- Covert Affairs Casts Lynn Collins as 'Formidable' Russian Agent
- TVLine Items: Ken Jeong Plays Himself on MTV, James Garner Tribute and More
- More From TVLine
- John Stamos Gives Beach Boys Fan The Surprise Of His Life
- How Well Do the 5 Seconds of Summer Boys Know Each Other? ET Puts Them to the Test
- Cops Called on Justin Bieber Six Times In Two Days
- Bradley Cooper Explains 40 Pound Weight Gain
- 14-Year-Old Michelle Williams is Adorable on the Set of 'Lassie'
- More From ET