Mostly, we've been thinking about how much we will hate them.
Behold, the seven worst (maybe) upcoming TV to film adaptations and why they are bad ideas.
I think that casting would be confusing, but I also think that having Jonny spell his name without an "h" in it is confusing.
Of course, strange casting choices and Hollywood go hand-in-hand (Michael Keaton as Batman? Kevin Costner as Robin Hood?). In an industry that believes that a teenaged Matthew Perry would look exactly like Zac Efron, this shouldn't be a big stretch.
I'm a big fan of The Venture Brothers and their take on the whole Jonny Quest myth. This big screen version of the character would likely be a little less parody and a little more Indiana Jones. What a shame.
On the plus side, I think Dwayne Johnson is a perfect choice for the role of Race Bannon. Who would play Hadji, I wonder?
I didn't even realize that there was a newer version of Jonny Quest. Or maybe I did and put it out of my mind because I never saw it and didn't want it to interfere with my childhood memories of the original. The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest aired in the mid-90s and was voiced by such people as Robert Patrick, John DeLancie, and George Segal. Both DeLancie and Segal did the voice of Benton Quest in different episodes.
- The Beverly Hillbillies - Season 3
- Dead Like Me - Life After Death and The Complete Collection
- The F Word - Series 1 Uncensored
- High School Musical 3 - Regular Edition and Extended Edition
- Law and Order: SVU - Season 8
- Murder, She Wrote - Season 9
- The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest - Season 1, Vol. 1
- Sabrina, The Teenage Witch - Season 5
Do you have a few minutes? How about 310 of them? You'll need that many to watch all 310 (as of this writing) classic, and not so classic, TV show intros listed over at Net Notables.
Originally, the list only contained 101 intros from shows that aired from 1989 and below. But, as commenters continued to ask where their favorite intro was, more and more links were added. Most of them link to videos on YouTube, which means the five hours and 10 minutes you need to view all of the listed items increases exponentially. To give you an example, after you watch the Magnum P.I.introduction that everyone remembers you can also view the first, more jazzy version of the theme.
My friend Wild Bill sent me news that Jonny Quest, the Hanna-Barbera series about the titular lad who accompanies his scientist father on wild adventures, is being made into a live-action movie. The series, much like The Flintstones, The Jetsons and Top Cat, aired during primetime when it first aired in the '60s. New versions of Jonny Quest also popped up in the '80s and '90s.
Like the upcoming Speed Racer flick from the Wachowski brothers, reports so far say the movie will be "family friendly." The movie will serve as an origin story explaining how Jonny's bodyguard Roger "Race" Bannon and Dr. Benton Quest's adopted son Hadji join the family.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.20 Photos: What Happens When Victoria Reaches Her Breaking Point?
- Best 'Flash' Quotes from 'Tricksters'
- [Video] David Duchovny Reveals 2 More Characters Returning to 'The X-Files'
- [Video] 'DIG' Exclusive Clip: Will Debbie Be Saved?
- 'Supernatural' Interview: Jim Beaver Teases Bobby's Return is 'The Real Deal'
- More From BuddyTV
- Michelle Pfeiffer Attached to Star in Morning Show Comedy From Katie Couric and Murphy Brown Scribe
- Bitten Photo: Elena Looks Bloody Good — Plus, Your Key to 'The Undoing'
- TVLine Items: SVU Vet Returns, Lewinsky Eyed For View Gig and More
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Leftovers, Masters of Sex, Flash, Bones, Castle, Grimm, Empire and More
- Fox Orders Unscripted Challenge Series Bullseye, Hosted by Kellan Lutz
- More From TVLine
- Watch Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore & More Attempt to Be Funny in 1.5 Seconds
- Katy Perry Shows Off Super Short Hair: 'I Asked for the Kris Jenner'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- This Man Proposed to His Boyfriend With a Disney Flash Mob, Proving Disney Really Is Where Magic Happens
- Morgan Spurlock: Zayn Malik Always Struggled the Most With One Direction
- More From ET